Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cold Start Issues And Clutch Problem 1.4 Zetec 2003 Help! :(

chrisdesilva6

Hi guys,

I have a Fiesta 1.4 Zetec 2003 and it is slowly driving me crazy!

When the car is cold the car does not start on first attempt, if i start it, it will die, i have to rev the car and hold the revs until the car warms up. If i release the accelerator it would stall again.

I have to let go of the accelerator extremely slowly and hope it revs back up!!

Sometimes even after successfully releasing the accelerator fully, if i tap the accelerator, revs drop and it stalls.

And even once the car is warmed up and being driven for a while. I get to my car park and as soon as i shift in reverse and move, it would stall again -_-

This is an extremely annoying problem when i'm in a rush for work!

I have done a full service and replaced HT leads and coil pack recently.

Any Ideas??

Also when i get the car running, releasing the clutch after shifting gears feels very clunky, especially when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear.

However if i rev excessively and let go of the clutch it would be somewhat smooth.

Does this mean i need a new clutch?

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP!! :D

THANKS!!

Update: i cleaned the Throttle body, yet the problem still persists. :(

Have u checked the wiring on throttle body get wiring diagram an check complete circuit

Thanks for the reply. :)

I checked the wiring and it seems to be fine. I have also connected the car to a computer and no fault codes have be found :(

Do u have any friends or know anyone with same car it would be handy if u could swap throttle body u could have internal problem

Did you remove the throttle body and properly clean it or just wipe it down on the car? Is your air filter installed correctly?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Btw did you use carb cleaner on the throttle body? if you did and removed it the car should be over reving whilst idling untill all the carb cleaner has burnt off this should eliminate any cause for it stallling after reving and the rpm drops

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I took the throttle body out of the car and thoroughly cleaned it.

And actually now that you mention it when i replaced the air filter before i kind of squeezed it in because it was not going in nicely. I will take it out and try again ;)

• Like 1

I don't understand what you mean with the clutch I know any mk6 I have tried has a very high biting point and it's hard to get underway or keep a thoroughly smooth gear change because it encourages you to dip the clutch just enough to drop the gear then release.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

Yes the biting point it high. However that is not the issue. When i change gears. Espicially from 1st to 2nd it feels very clunky, therefore i have to rev more and release the clutch slower that usual. Maybe this is common in fiesta's of this age :)

I'm more inclined to say the clunky clunky is the selector bushes mine does it when cold but I wouldn't say I'm having to rev or release the clutch differently just pull the gear stick a little harder, haha. The more people tell me the clutch bite is high the happier I feel that mine isn't the only one.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club