Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Garage / Lockup / Barn Wanted For Short Term Rental

bt_cav

Hi all

I have been hoping to do a couple of jobs on my focus....However the weather hasn't been overly kind.

I'm looking to rent a Garage, lockup, or barn for a month to get these done.

The up most respect will be given to your property and neighbors, No hot work will be carried out, I will not put your property under any risks, no rubbish or mess will be left behind.

I live in Wishaw close to Motherwell, Anywhere close to Motherwell or Livingston and inbetween would be good.

Cheers

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Still Interested in a place to do a bit work on my car, will really only need a few days

Ask 10 friends to ask 10 of their friends to ask 10 of their friends.......... if they have a garage / lockup / barn .... they could rent out to me for a few days / a week / a month..... :D

running out of time :mellow:

Sadly I know nobody around that region so cant offer any assistance

Cheers anyway James :) think there must be a lot of people in the same boat as my self with all this rain............ no pun intended

sadly it is the case, this is why certain garages like pitt stop in the london area can be really good, as you can rent out a garage space for a few hours or a day and do your own work.

• Like 1

haha, pop up a cheap marquee and wear a waterproof! :p

haha, pop up a cheap marquee and wear a waterproof! :P

I have a gazebo that I use occasionally.. it only keeps the water out for so long. once it runs underneath your screwed.

haha, it gives you about ten minutes to get the job done :p

Its certainly better than a kick in the kahoona's!

3x3m fits something like this.. (march 2011)

IMG_0598.jpg

Sweet,

Missing the WRC logo and a random dude in sponsorship overalls and mirror tinted glasses sipping on a bottle of Monster.

Seriously though

Top respect, I'm in the same situation for the past six years, working on the cars in all weather,

music in headphones are great for helping to get along with it,

Ow and an old child's cot mattress saves lying on the stony gravel or cold concrete driveway

• Like 3

Sweet,

Missing the WRC logo and a random dude in sponsorship overalls and mirror tinted glasses sipping on a bottle of Monster.

Seriously though

Top respect, I'm in the same situation for the past six years, working on the cars in all weather,

Music in headphones are great for helping to get along with it,

Ow and an old child's cot mattress saves lying on the stony gravel or cold concrete driveway

Lmao. unfortunately none of that or any birds in hot pants either sadly.

That pic was taken at her mum and dad's place as we don't have a drive (yet).

I'm used to working outside in all weathers - although I do get the times when I get to work in a nice toasty engine room with diesels or gas turbines running, albeit deafening - so in that respect working outside doesn't bother me but I would love a garage so I can get a space heater :) I changed 4 brake hoses a couple of years ago on that drive with about 6 inches of snow on it, jacking the car up without it running away was fun as it does have a fair slope to it. health and safety, what's that? this country is going to come to a stop if that crap continues.

yeah the mattress would be a good idea, i normally end up with a bit cardboard until it gets soaked!

• Like 1

Lmao. unfortunately none of that or any birds in hot pants either sadly.

yeah the mattress would be a good idea, i normally end up with a bit cardboard until it gets soaked!

Mattress and the dolly birds ;) with ya,

Ill send Vicki over with the mattress :lol:

• Like 2

Mattress and the dolly birds ;) with ya,

Ill send Vicki over with the mattress :lol:

LOL :lol:

not quite the use I was thinking of for on the drive but it would be great. who's gonna fix the car then?

• Like 1

As long as you wear a hi-vis jacket you can do anything you like.

Apparently they will stop a speeding train immediately.

• Like 2

As long as you wear a hi-vis jacket you can do anything you like.

Apparently they will stop a speeding train immediately.

I raced the train in to town the other week :lol: it runs in line with the road for a stretch, i was on my way home from work and glanced out the window to see its nose slightly. Ahead of me and the driver lookin over so i though "alrite your on, lets do this"

Train was doing 120kmh on the track

Had i thrown my high vis from the boot out the window id have won for sure :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its certainly better than a kick in the kahoona's!

Very true ;-)

3x3m fits something like this.. (march 2011)

IMG_0598.jpg

Have thought about this...... Or better still a huge tent ;-)

you will blow away with it today! lol

you will blow away with it today! lol

With any sort of enclosure, heat and vacuum are created aswell as vapours from the car,

Bottom line id be purchasing a little 1kg foam or C02 extinguisher from even aldi or lidl next time they became available just to be safe, don't want a tent close to the house catching fire.

Just sayin lads :unsure: i mean I'm no safety expert :lol:

With any sort of enclosure, heat and vacuum are created aswell as vapours from the car,

Bottom line id be purchasing a little 1kg foam or C02 extinguisher from even aldi or lidl next time they became available just to be safe, don't want a tent close to the house catching fire.

Just sayin lads :unsure: i mean I'm no safety expert :lol:

I don't do health and safety Lenny :lol:

I don't do health and safety Lenny :lol:

Garden hose at the ready perhaps ?

nah, the hose doesnt reach... Hi might just stand back and relieve himself in hope? :p

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club