Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Super F Mk 2 Fault Code Scanner

Hi All

Ive got the dreaded Flashing Glow Plug Light coming on if i boot it past 3000rpm in 3rd gear. If the car is warmed up i can just turn it off and the light goes off until i go over 3000 in 3rd :wacko:

I have bought a

Ford Super F MK 2 Fault Code Scanner

and put it on the obd ii port the car is a 2005 euro 4 2.0 tdci Mondeo . I read the DTC and it comes up with

P1000 ODB systems readiness test not complete

P132BFINEDDTC

The Live Data is as follows

post-44242-0-46286700-1394237144_thumb.j

post-44242-0-66103000-1394237158_thumb.j

The Second pic is after the Glow plug light is flashing the EGRp reads 0 and doesnt change.

Any Help greatly appreciated thanks Steve :)

That error code means the turbo vanes/actuator are stuck. The turbo either needs replacing, or completely stripping and cleaning.

I don't recommend replacing it, as there's nothing wrong with the turbo that a good clean won't fix, and it'll only happen again over time anyway even with a new turbo. Plus, cleaning it is much cheaper. I had a mechanic mate sort mine - took him most of the day and he charged me £200. So I'd expect a repair bill of at least that amount.

Keep your RPM under 2k until you've got it sorted, otherwise you'll bust the actuator.

Oh, by the way - you can ignore the P1000 code as it isn't a fault code as such. You'll see it quite often. Not 100% sure exactly what it does mean, but the bottom line is there's nothing wrong if that's the only code you've got.

• 2 weeks later...