Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Outer Door Seals On A Ford Edge 2011 Taped On And Double Sided Taped From Behind.

Densedog

Hi guys,

Im looking for some advice, and also if this is a common problem for this model. Forgive my ignorance but I've been a Skoda driver for years. Yes i am used to dodgy door seals before you say it.

I bought my car second hand ( 1from the local Ford dealer on the 20th December 2013.

I've noticed moisture inside the car but took it that the air-conditioning was to blame. (Not a lot of moisture but enough to slightly freeze on the inside of the windscreen this past week).

Whilst a passenger got out this morning i noticed the seal hanging and stuck on with black gaffer tape..

On closer inspection the seal was also double sided taped from the chassis to the seal.

post-50869-0-05548200-1394373257_thumb.jpost-50869-0-18622500-1394373304_thumb.jpost-50869-0-10358300-1394373324_thumb.j

This car was on the fore court for at least 2 to 3 months before i purchased it. The car is 3 years old in October so i would hope this will be corrected for free, as it is not fit for purpose.

Im concerned a ford dealer would sell a product with obvious "disguising of a problem".

I have read its a £85 a door cost but would this be part of the warranty ?

Any help would be grateful.

Paul

This should be part of a warranty without issue!

either original car warranty, or 6 months from the used car dealer.

Yes, it's a very well known issue. Mine has always done it also, only on passenger side.

The only thing that will get it in place permanently is tigerseal.

Ford *may* replace it under warranty (don't hold breath) but if you want a better job done, do it yourself.

Hope this helps?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club