Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Horrible Start To A Weekend

D13 HPD 95

Well as per title last night went round the missus house and on the main road the A10 doing 75 and then bang all of a sudden the car pulls a hard right no steering brakes weren't doing anything so had to run the car off into a field great one -.- luckily i reversed it out without a problem but this was the offender

post-43519-139487515368_thumb.jpg

post-43519-139487516413_thumb.jpg

Great -.- tried to put the !Removed! !Removed! gel into it and just !Removed! out on the floor and then i saw the gel goes out of date great one just great so rang the rac with who i have full cover, they came in 10mins loaded my onto a trailer and toke me to my gfs and then he was coming back at 8this morning to get me and the car to a kiwk fit, we then found out that the tyre had failed bursting at the inner side wall approx 3/4 of the way round the entire tyre, the rac guy was appalled my car being newish doesnt come with a spare as standard and insisted i get a spare which i will soon as.

Now 70quid lighter but the alloy and suspension was and is fine and new tyre fitted, but i will be complaining to the garage that sold me the first tyre as it was only 3 weeks old!!!

What a way to start a weekend least to say i needed new underwear when i got home haha

post-43519-139487543866_thumb.jpg

On the plus side he loved the look of my car says its styled and mods look awesome :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Glad to know your ok , scary i bet losing a tire at that speed.

• Like 1

By the sound of it you were very lucky! Whoever decided that it was a good idea for cars not to carry a spare wheel needs

shooting as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1

Did you hit a pothole or something on the road ?

a 3 week old tyre should not be doing that....Get onto the garage that sold it you mate could have been a lot worse ..

• Like 1

Jeez. Glad you're ok. What tyres did you have?

Glad to hear you are safe, but that is an absolute disgrace about your tire though!

I hope you take it back to them, and demand a full refund for the tire. I would absolutely not accept that kind of thing happening

Good to know you are safe that could have ended alot worse.

3 week old tyre brand new? Was the tyre lubricated on fitting like the tyre in your last photo the residue is lubrication from fitting the tyre.

Have you hit any pot hole? Did anyone inspect inner side of the rim for damage?

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

I had similar happen to me years back when I had my Focus (only I wasn't doing 75 at the time). The tyres were the ones that came with the 17" alloys I put on at the same time. Came out to the car to find the O/S front tyre flat, with a visible split running most of the way around as if the tyre had completely delaminated itself. Put the spare on and drove home. The next day I noticed the N/S rear was down, and that had the exact same problem.

They'd only been on the car for a month.

I took them both back to the place they came from and it took me almost three months to get a refund, and even then they bullcrapped their way out of the full amount by claiming one tyre had 80% tread, and 75% on the other. In a month? Really?! I was only doing about 100 miles a week.

Anyway, they'd got the tyres so I couldn't argue. Didn't trust the remaining two tyres so ended up buying another full set from somewhere else.

• Like 1

Glad you're alive and well!

I hit a pothole Monday morning on a 250 mile drive home from Devon. I hit a pothole 10 miles into my journey at 60mph and got a puncture, I was very annoyed at the time but I'm fortunate I have a spare wheel so I got that stuck on and carried on with my long driver home :( I still have it on and don't get paid until the latter end of the month which is frustrating!

Thx all, yh im fine was shaken last night but fine in the end, wasnt the best thing to happen lol, yh they checked the alloy for any damage and there is just a scuff mark, the tyre had gone after around 300miles on them!! Not good at all, there were michelins f series of something, brand new so i will be ringing the garage i got them from to get a refund or compensation as thats not right.

The car is fine after a quick inspection everything is ok and its back on the road thank god just got to wait on any future mods for a bit

Thanks for the kind works guys :)

Get yourself a spare wheel, man! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thats the next mod changing the wheel well to fit a spare jack and pump haha o well life lesson as my mum said

Glad you're alright!

Have to ask what tyres do you have? OH put a set of contis on a couple of months ago and the exact same thing happened

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Had two front tyres new Michelins f series not a cheap tyre either so will be complaining !!! And might even get the other changed just for peace of mind

Odd o_o

Wondering if it's something to do with the weather or just because of how rubbish the roads are getting now.

I'd get the other one changed too!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Did you keep the busted tyre?

Glad to hear your alright Dan. :D I guess it was a good bit of luck that it happened when there was a field to run into rather than something harder!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Ford OC mobile app

Yh i know what you mean about the roads as a biker i always avoid the pot holes when i can, but the road i was on was straight as an arrow hence the speed beautiful evening no water so the roads where dry as then bang it went, so i didnt hit anything just went and no the garage and rac guy wouldnt let me keep the old tyre ( for fly tipping reasons) and why would i want a wrecked tyre, but i got pics so I'll be forwarding them onto the place i got them from

I know dan lol, a nice open field dry as a bone and not used by the looks of it so was just bumpy lol haha, bent my front left mud flap tho -.-

Sounds like your tyres are just old. In the world of tyres "brand new" can mean never used but manufactured over 10 years ago.

Few years ago laws were changed to make this a bit safer. A tyre can be stored for years before its actually fitted, this causes the rubber to become dry over time and break down therefore when used can cause all sort of strange things.

Iirc there is now a 3 year limit where a tyre can no longer be sold as new, look on the side wall of the tyre and take a pic of the info written on it. There will be a date of manufacture printed either 3, 4 or even 5 digits stating the date. Google the date to work out exactly when your tyre was made.

There is an old style and new style of dating tyres it could be either, it may aid you when confronting the garage

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

Going on what Kurt said, I remember when I got a puncture in one of my Hankook's (they have a one year road hazard warranty which is great actually) they had serial numbers on the tire which they could look up. That would give them all the information they needed about the tire like date of manufacture, fitment date and what not

Im not sure about Michelin but they might have the same

Glad your ok mate!

Now just wait for the good luck eh? You done your numbers tonight? ;)

I'd be inclined to write to Michelin you might get a better response from them, pity you don't have the tyre though, the fly tipping thing is rubbish (sic) you can take them to the council tip.

Firstly i'm glad you and your car came out of this unscathed. BUT, (and i'm very bewildered no one else on here has already stated this) I'd be very suprised if you get anywhere by complaining to the tyre company. You could have hit anything on the road,,, a shard of glass/metal a nail, basically anything. By all means try, but good luck with your quest, as I think they will put it down to debris on the road !!!

Cheers guys, i will check the other tyre today and see if i can find a year date or number, no i didnt win the lotto sheriff lol i wish haha, and i see what you mean about the road but i always try my best to avoid things as im sure we all do, and i can honestly say on that journey i didnt have or didnt feel like i hit anything until the field lol, but say i hit a nail would it have caused 3/4 of the inside tyre wall to rip open?? I doubt it, i also believe about the tyres being old but new, but when i bought them the garage didnt have any in stock so i had to wait 2 days until new ones came along, i guess they could have come from a store somewhere else, I'll try and check the date, but i will be writing and ringing both the garage and id like to file a formal complaint to Michelin im

Not after compo just dont want anyone else to have the same thing happen i was lucky the road was empty what if an arctic was on the other side doing the same speed no chance either car or lorry could or would stop and could cause a fatal crash and to me they need to know about any little defects like this as its totally unsafe to the public! Even the emotional side to it if id have hit another car and the speed angle the car suddenly turned it culd have easily caused a series crash and all cause a tyre which is new could have acctually been made 3 years ago to me thats not right, everyone know what happens to rubber after time its flakes drys out gets wrinkles and like this burst. So I'll keep you updated what happens tomorrow when i ring them both and send the letter