Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Hard Is A Replacement Door To Fit?

Philip W 1982

I can do most of the work but I noticed the small window looks stuck on? Is that right ? Obviously the main window is electrical but is the little one next to it doable??

hi i take it its a back door behind driver passenger seat??..1) The best way to remove the door is to un door check strap from pillar,,Twist the electrical socket from loom towards back of car,Making sure the that the part of the loom on the pillar side Dosent go back inside pillar when reconnecting up new loom..I then shut the door and undo the hinge from the door its self the lock will support the door whilst you do this then when bolts are out just grab hold door and open it and door is off...

Is it estate or saloon??

It's a hatchback and it's the rear passenger door - the only thing wrong with the car as it's rotting along the lip along the bottom of the door which I believe is a problem that was fixed on later models - thanks for your help, my main issue is that little window and if I need a new one to go with a new door or if it can be taken from the current door etc. how long would you say it would take to strip remove and replace with a new door in total?

if its a brand new door not 2nd hand its about a hr to strip and refit...if its a gd 2nd hand1 i done it in 20 mins that was complete door for door though.the qtr glass and rubber has a screw think its a 20m torq screw which you need to undo then slide the window forward towards drivers door and lift out.hope this helps. if it is new door you need to strip down old with electrics fitted to unbolt drop glass which could be a clip or 2 10m bolts as they changed it

Na I can't afford the new one with the whole spray job so I am on the look out for a mint condition with no rust mistral blue I think it's called

aww good luck.I brought my car with light side impact,just needed both o/s doors lucky for me a local scrappy had 3 in all same colour with gd doors and charged me £40 each.They was all complete only thing i had todo was swop over the old door barrel for mine.But if your stuck gve us email regards pete

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club