Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reprogramming Key Fob Problem

Wimpy1981

I have been unable to use the remote central locking on my car (Focus LX '05) since I changed the battery in my key fob.

Following the instructions in the manual on how to reprogram the key, When I press the button on the key during the learning mode I should get a 2nd beep to indicate the key has been accepted, which I do but the central locking still doesn't work. Surely this must indicate that the key fob transmitter is working and the key has been accepted so I'm at loss on what the problem could be.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

So u go ignition on off 3 times hear beep press one the buttons but no joy have u spare key is battery in right way

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Aye so car beeps to indicate learning mode is on, press button to sync key, car beeps again to confirm but the central locking still doesn't work. battery has been checked. I have a spare key buts it not a remote.

U need key fob tester or take gamble buy new remote has ur remote glass immobiliser or chip type

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club