Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hesitation Issues

lapaley

Hi all, I am just new to this forum. I have a 60 plate 1.8 TDI Mondeo which is suffering from hesitation / jerking issues when cruising at 60 and above.I have had the car back to local ford dealer where I purchased it and they cannot find anything wrong when they plug into their machine so say they can do no more. They put a newer calibration on it which has not solved the issue. They did say it might just be the engine regenerating (burning off soot etc!) and it is meant to do it. I had the fuel filter changed back in December (2013) due to lack of acceleration, this solved that issue. I have just changed diesel type (to Shell v-power) to see if that solves the problem. If anyone has come across this before or has any suggestions / advice it would be gratefully received. Thanks Lee.

I had similar issues in my old mk3 focus 2.0tdci, its was down to dodgy fuel, I had the fuel filter changed and ran it on BP and never had it again, sinced that time ive never used any other fuel other than BP.

• 2 weeks later...

Have finally had the problem solved after taking the car back to the dealer again and insisting a mechanic came out with me to whiteness the problem, car was in for a couple of days and turns out it was a faulty egr (exhaust gas recirculation) valve. The car is now running sweet as a nut again, though glad I have an extended warranty as the part alone is getting on for £500.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Ford OC mobile app

Does anyone konow who can program egr apart from ford

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Have finally had the problem solved after taking the car back to the dealer again and insisting a mechanic came out with me to whiteness the problem, car was in for a couple of days and turns out it was a faulty egr (exhaust gas recirculation) valve. The car is now running sweet as a nut again, though glad I have an extended warranty as the part alone is getting on for £500.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Ford OC mobile app

I thought it sounded like the EGR valve at fault

An EGR blanking plate costs £5 or less...+ no more EGR issues / a solid plate "fixes" a faulty EGR valve by disabling it - spend £500 and fix it temporarily, (untill the next time it fails) or £5 and fix it forever.... thats a hard one.... let me think about that........ :lol:

• Like 1

I am tempted to do the EGR blank myself on my MK4, the only thing that irritates me is the idea of the EML coming on and having it whinge at me all day long that its got bigger issues!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club