Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intercooler Hose Broke

traceav

Hi hope someone can help I have a ford focus sport 2006 1.6 tdci the intercooler pipe is cracked and can't find a replacement anywhere and don't want to pay dealers price. Is there anyone who knows where to buy 1 I can find loads in eBay but none to seem to match the 1 I need. Or if anyone knows what the part number would be so I can try to match the part as they have various numbers for the part but I am not sure the number is for the part I need. Many thanks in advance.

which one is it? thats providing I have the right pic

$_58.JPG

From Ford you'd be looking at about £60.

Best to check the part number with them anyway so you are sure you get the right one.

I think it is this one (arrowed) going by your cars year, From Ford £85ish.

post-28494-0-02500300-1398303481_thumb.j

As I said above though, best to check with Ford to be sure as there are a couple that could apply.

If it is the one I indicated then one from ebay-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-C-Max-FOCUS-Mk2-1-6-TDCi-TURBO-INTERCOOLER-HOSE-TUBE-PIPE-RUBBER-AIR-DUCT-/161195887299?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2588060ac3

If it's the one stevegtuk indicated then it's this one-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-O-E-INTERCOOLER-HOSE-FORD-FOCUS-2008-ONWARD-1-6-D-DRIVER-SIDE-/200951702739?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec9a7a4d3

Going by the year listed I'd be 99% sure it's the one I've linked to in which case the part number from Ford would be 1496240.

Thanks for the replies I have bought the 2nd 1 you recommended but it not the right part the 1 I need is the 1 in the picture arrowed 6c646a it looks exactly like that but none of the parts I see look like the right 1. Looks like I try the dealers so I can get a part number and try to match it.

Refering to the link you gave me I think its the same 1 as I bought but I have realised that it comes

without a plastic elbow. On my car it's 1 piece so doesn't have a separate elbow at the top for me

to use anyone know if this can be bought separtley. The dealers want nearly £100 which I can't really

afford.If anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

Refering to the link you gave me I think its the same 1 as I bought but I have realised that it comes

without a plastic elbow. On my car it's 1 piece so doesn't have a separate elbow at the top for me

to use anyone know if this can be bought separtley. The dealers want nearly £100 which I can't really

afford.If anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

If its the rubber Hose,you can always do what ive done as it hasnt come off so far.

I used Cleaning Solvent on the pipe and cleaned it up on the outside,Used super glue to bring it together,then wrapped it in electrical tape a couple of times making sure its not got any bubbles and then go over it with some gaffa tape.

Mines still firmly on a week on and ive given it a good test too,Even if its not a perm fix its better than nothing.

Id try a scrap yard if you really want the part .

Thanks but its the plastic pipe I have so dont think it would work think Ill have to keep checking scrap yards thanks anyway.

If you go to Ford and give them your reg or VIN they will confirm the part number on Ecat then we can help you find the right one.

Another option is that you can P/M me your VIN and I'll attempt to confirm the right part for you on Microcat.

If you can patch it up for a little while with something like Emalgamating tape, I have a used hose from my old intercooler pipe from the CMAX. The hose is in excellent nick, I would be happy to send it on to you and see if it helps! I would only ask for the cost of shipping but its yours for the taking if you can make it work!

If anyone who has access to ecat at the moment can compare the CMAX MK1 hose to this one and confirm jif the part numbers are the same then you can have it with a bit more confidence!

Thanks really apprecite it is there any chance u could send a picture if not my part looks like the one mentioned in the above post its the 1 arrowed 6c646a if not does your part come in 2 pieces with an elbow at the top cause if it has I may only need the elbow part. Many thanks.

Will have a look later but I'm sure they are the same part number as the online catalogue has the cmax and focus together for parts

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi did u get chance to the check the part. Thanks

I got a photo of it, this morning for you.

IMG_20140430_073835_zpspy1xhjwe.jpg

Thanks for the offer but its not the part I need.

ah OK, no worries, the only other one I have is the bottom intercooler! I should have paid a bit more attention I think!

Hi managed to sort the problem for now I think. Took the pipe out cleaned it and glued it put some gorrilla tape round it and couple of tie raps it looks strong. Put it back on the car started the engine there was no more air leak:-) so I was very happy close the bonnet than I took it for a drive still no noise than I stopped the car to double check to find out the bonnet wont open now. So tomorrow got to try to open it hope I can sort it mot is due its one thing after another. Does anyone know if it will fail the mot if ii cant get it to open before its due? Thanks.

Not sure on the failure, I dont believe so though.

I would say though its worth getting that resolved, follow the guides section as there is a step by step in there on how to help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club