Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Security Tips For St While On Holiday

The Dark Knight

I thought that it had a battery backup?

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Take it to Scotland with you and go for a few drives around those mountain roads, they look brilliant and if you're going anyway why not take advantage.

When you go to USA park at the airport in secure parking, taking keys with you. Might cost a few quid to park it but peace of mind is priceless.

Thanks for the further posts. Closer to the time, I will ask management at work to see if they will be ok with me leaving the car at work. If not, I plan to leave the car on the drive parked close to the brick wall to avoid towing risk and leave the keys at work locked in my drawer.

I've just placed a bid for a Disklok on eBay (used) too. Taking it to Scotland isn't going to happen, though you are right about the roads.

Top idea for you. I have a large enuf driveway. You could drive it to crewe in Cheshire to my house leave it up my drive with a car cover over it and take the keys with you. NO1 would go near it up my drive. Just an idea x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks for the offer but it's a little far. Kind offer though. Hopefully the bosses at work will put paid to these options but I am not getting my hopes up too much lol

Remove a wheel? Make it look like the car isn't being used and the wheels in for a refurb maybe?

Car covers that will help

Turn your steering wheel full lock and put steering lock on

If you want to spend money and know your car is safe maybe see if you can rent a lock up/container for the weeks your away and keep the keys safe

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Ford OC mobile app

Were I live there is a self storage yard that hires big containers. I wud personally take my car there n drive into a container. That's the safest idea

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

Don't know if anyone has mentioned a car cover but put one over it preferably with a Dacia logo on it......

Don't worry about it, that's what you pay insurance for.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Leave the car and keys at mine, I'll look after it.. Won't even think about taking it for a spin.. Honest ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

if you get seriously desperate, rent it to Ford as a demonstrator, it might have a few miles on the clock when you get back, but how many people will test drive the ST on your leave, and that way its locked up in Ford's yard :p

Whenever I go away, I always drive to the airport and pay for a Chauffer service. Car comes back having been washed, and with 3 more miles on the clock.

£40 for the week is good value in my eyes

Done it 4 times now, and never had a problem.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club