Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Common Problem They Say...

Miggles

Hiya,

Please don't think me cheeky as I have only just joined an all... :unsure:

But I have just recently got hold of my Cougar, it is a lovely car to drive, etc...

Just has a few niggles I need advise/second opinion, if you will.

Ok, here goes...

The Drivers side window is being a pain, you see the block I got it from replaced the window regulator, as it was faulty, but it seems he has not set it right, as it goes down fine, it's just when it goes back up it has a right song and dance, I think the rubber seal is holding it back, judging by the rub marks on glass, although that being said, it guess what I would say is when it is close to were it should be when fully shut, it makes an awful noise, as if the regulator is slipping and not allowing it fully close... :excl:

Is there a particular way in how I should adjust/set/reset it to make it work correctly.

That is if it can be sorted by adjustment.

Cheers,

Mike

Oh yes,

The other thing is, the Exhaust Heat Shielding just in front of the rear wheels has come away from body and is banging on the floor pan, (assuming it is not the actual exhaust, due to exhaust mounts/rubbers are not to slack) do you think it would matter if I took it off completely.

Cheers again,

Mike

The heat shield is definitely best to keep on there, as it does serve a good purpose. I would check as it could just be a rotten bolt, alternatively if its the heat shield itself, you could just use a larger washer to secure it!

Hiya Me again.. :)

I have had a knocking from back end, well I thought it was something to do with the rear bumper as it was extremely loose, so have put new clips and bolts in and it is now tight.

But still getting knocking, so I was wondering if it could be the petrol tank, which may be loose and bumping body, the reason I ask is cause, when I filled up earlier today, I put the petrol pump in to fill and the whole tank filler neck came out of rubber seal and went down a bit, I managed to pull it back and it hasn't done it since as I check it now and again.

Or

Could it be the exhaust bumping the body, although the rubbers seem to be fairly rigid still, it seems the bumping is coming from the rear middle of boot to nearside rear wing... :wacko:

I hope it not rear shocks, cause my ST24 had that problem..

Any suggestions...

Regards,

Mike

Windows are a pain in the glass" as they say in holland :lol:

Windows are a pain in the glass" as they say in holland :lol:

Very good, they are indeed, but I assume I can adjust it to sort it... :rolleyes: