Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Zetec S 09' Bluetooth Module Update Usb Problem

Fnz

Hi Guys,

There is a lot to read but it explains all..

Relatively new to this forum thing and I need HELP!

I’ve recently purchased a 09 reg ford fiesta Zetec s 1.6 from a private seller on gumtree and was annoyed to find my AUX and Phone button on the stereo did not work.

After hours of going through other forums I discovered I needed a bluetooth module which sits above the passenger foot well. I had a look for the module but only found the large connector wire hanging loose. Obliviously the bluetooth module had broken or been taken out and sold from a previous owner.

I was then searching for a module and checked out my friend’s 59' plate fiesta Zetec s and ordered the same bluetooth module as him.

My car does not have the USB port under the handbrake; it only has the AUX port.

After buying a Bluetooth module for £86 from eBay I was reluctant to find that my phone connects and takes calls via Bluetooth but will not stream music via Bluetooth.

The main reason I purchased the Bluetooth was to stream music wirelessly!

My Aux now works as the cables were all connected through the Bluetooth cables and module.

This is where I need help...

All the forums I find are dated back to 09-11 so really out of date.

I think I need to update the Bluetooth module however a normal USB does not fit intro the Bluetooth module. I tried taking off the metal part of the female end of a Female to Female cable however nothing happened when I plugged in a USB stick with the update on.

How do I update the Bluetooth module without it costing me £*** through ford. Do i need a special USB connection?

I do not trust ford as before I discovered I had no Bluetooth module they had no idea or advice for me as to that I may need one!

My Bluetooth looks like this http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i29/KenLeoEM/DSC_1278.jpg

The guy I bought my Bluetooth module off has told me I need to get it configured by ford?

Some help would be massively appreciated.

Kind Regards Finlay.

Pm inath on here, he seems to be the man regarding this stuff ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club