Do Not Sell My Personal Information

European Driving- Can Headlamps Be Switched Rhd To Lhd?

fordfrog

2007 Mondeo Titanium 2.0 with Adaptive Headlamps - I am confused following much online searching as to whether I can convert the headlamps with a switch behind the headlamps , I live in France and will need to register the car here with correctly aligned headlamps. Need to know if I can switch them or whether have to completely replace. Anybody advise please/

If you'll be using the car mainly in France the best option will be to buy a set of European headlight units as the beam pattern is dictated by the lens/reflector shape.

If you were only travelling to France from GB occasionally then a pair of beam adaptors would suffice.

2007 Mondeo Titanium 2.0 with Adaptive Headlamps - I am confused following much online searching as to whether I can convert the headlamps with a switch behind the headlamps , I live in France and will need to register the car here with correctly aligned headlamps. Need to know if I can switch them or whether have to completely replace. Anybody advise please/

hi Michael,

An independant mechanic will be able to correctly align the parimiters of your headlights to suit LHD

I say idependant mechanic not ford because ford will BS you in to buying another set.

All modern headlights can be manually adjusted in left/right directions aswell as up and down allowing them to be set for either LH or RH driving.

Adaptive head lights might need to be set via the CAN , but you still might need some beam deflectors, these no manual adjustment that i'm aware of for the adaptive. Well there's nothing on mine anyway :).

Only on, don't quote me I saw it on another Forum post, that the new tech in the Fords with the screen lights sensors auto adjust for left hand drive , the car in question was a Focus 2012 Titx, but when I watch mine adjust at start up they always level out for RHD, so waiting for another car to come along does not seem right IMHO.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club