Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlights: Driving Abroad

ralph

Hi

My car is a 2010 60 reg mondeo 1.8TDCI Zetec.

Question is:

Going to France in August. Do I need to stick headlight deflectors on my headlight glass or do they have a switch to alter them?? Have come across conflicting opinions!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I believe you need the beam adjusters, I certainyl have seen no switch to adjust them

If your driving on the other side of the road then you need beam deflectors as your going to be dazzling oncoming drivers as our lights are slightly offset to the left, you dont want to be getting in trouble with the law across the border

especially when they will drag you to a cashpoint by your ears and make you pull the fine out there and then!

• Like 1

And they will do it, other wise its a trip to the local cop shop and have heard some bad things about the french police, can be nasty buggers

There is no switch to adjust will have to use deflectors when I go to france I don't tend to be driving at night so I don't bother but they can fine you 11 euro for each item missing on the required to carry list

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

do you have projection lens headlights fitted? if so you will have a lever inside the headlight to flatten the flick to the left. if not then the stickers will do the same.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club