Do Not Sell My Personal Information

General Fiesta chat

JAR897

Poohbear I disagree, last year I was paying £77 a month on my Merc 4x4 insurance with Tesco, then I went on compare.com and managed to get it down to £39 with Esure - massive difference, I had rung a few insurance companies too who couldnt beat Esure, I will do another cost comparison too this Aug when Mo's insurance is due for renewal. I pay about £250 a year (I think) insurance now on my zetec s with Mountune upgrade, but I am 40 and have 23 years protected no claims.

hi

ive got a new fiesta ready for me too collect soon , but im unsure how the insurance stuff works , the ford salesman said to do this free ford 7 day insurance cover , but i dont want to do that because i have car insurance already with my car im part exchanging for the fiesta.

Do fords let you know the reg of your new car before you collect it so that you can ring your insurance provider for the cover?

cheers

H Mitch, yeah I went in a few days before collection to sign the paperwork, sort out my part ex, my private numberplate transfer and also to choose my number plate, this was then rung through to the relevant department who then went about registering it to me etc, However, fords will insure you for 7 days still, I had already changed mine with my insurance company to start the day of collection, so in affect had double insurance for one week. Bet your excited and cannot wait for your car/

H Mitch, yeah I went in a few days before collection to sign the paperwork, sort out my part ex, my private numberplate transfer and also to choose my number plate, this was then rung through to the relevant department who then went about registering it to me etc, However, fords will insure you for 7 days still, I had already changed mine with my insurance company to start the day of collection, so in affect had double insurance for one week. Bet your excited and cannot wait for your car/

very excited , hope to get it next week or early the following as it was in the showroom when i paid the deposit

cheers

All this talk of new fiesta's makes me very, very jealous!

My friend who is the same age as me has just had a 57 reg vauxhall corsa bought for him which made me even more jealous!

One day.....

Poohbear I disagree, last year I was paying £77 a month on my Merc 4x4 insurance with Tesco, then I went on compare.com and managed to get it down to £39 with Esure - massive difference, I had rung a few insurance companies too who couldnt beat Esure, I will do another cost comparison too this Aug when Mo's insurance is due for renewal. I pay about £250 a year (I think) insurance now on my zetec s with Mountune upgrade, but I am 40 and have 23 years protected no claims.

Esure was the cheapest for me too at around £270 - I've only been driving 5 years, that also includes a nil excess. I also got £70 cash back by going through Quidco.

the ford salesman said to do this free ford 7 day insurance cover , but i dont want to do that because i have car insurance already with my car im part exchanging for the fiesta.

Do fords let you know the reg of your new car before you collect it so that you can ring your insurance provider for the cover?

cheers

The 7 day free cover is to allow them to have a cover note and get your car taxed. Without this they would need to take your insurance certificate to the Post Office to tax your car and, chances are, it will not be valid unitl the day you are going to collect the car so you would have to wait in the showroom while they pop to the Post Office to get the tax/

The dealer should be able to let you know the registration well in advance of the delivery date - I have only just ordered mine and I was give option of picking a number plate when I ordered it - even though it might not actually be an 09 plate depending on how long it takes to be made and delivered.

paul be interesting to see when you get your car, i ordered mine on the 30th, when did you order yours?

paul be interesting to see when you get your car, i ordered mine on the 30th, when did you order yours?

Well I finally ordered mine on the 1st June so I guess you should get yours 2 days before mine so it will be interesting to see whether you do.

What spec have you ordered?

Maybe I should add to the fact I am young driver I got a good quote from directline Michelle - esure aren't amazing for young drivers like me but wow what a discount you got! Will look into them when i'm a bit older!

All this talk of new fiesta's makes me very, very jealous!

My friend who is the same age as me has just had a 57 reg vauxhall corsa bought for him which made me even more jealous!

One day.....

I learnt to drive at 19 when I started working and paid for my driving lessons. My parents worked yes but they were not rich enough to buy me a car. I wish I could pay for my kids driving lessons and buy them a car but i'm a single mum of 17 year olds and it would be just too expensive.

This is my first new car and I am 45. Some people are very lucky and I have no feelings of envy or anything towards anyone who gets a car for their 18th or 21st birthday. Everyone's circumstances are different. Michael P, your time will come and when it does, how happy will you be. :)

I learnt to drive at 19 when I started working and paid for my driving lessons. My parents worked yes but they were not rich enough to buy me a car. I wish I could pay for my kids driving lessons and buy them a car but i'm a single mum of 17 year olds and it would be just too expensive.

This is my first new car and I am 45. Some people are very lucky and I have no feelings of envy or anything towards anyone who gets a car for their 18th or 21st birthday. Everyone's circumstances are different. Michael P, your time will come and when it does, how happy will you be. :)

The day i buy my first new car will be the best!!!

Its odd, he has the brand new car, and i have my 12 year old cast off and even though i haven't driven it yet i absolutely love it!!!

Coinsidently i am also a 17 year old twin and it costs an arm and a !Removed! leg to insure us. On my mum's car its £1000 just to be named drivers. but strangly it was £1000 for me to be on as i started to learn first, but when it came to add on my brother it was just £10 !!!!!

im with ford insure, which is underwritten by royal sun alliance, there were over £100 cheaper than anyone else, i checked the every website and company around then tried ford insure on the ford site and it was way cheaper!

couple of young people i know use them and they were the same! way cheaper!

we always tell the customer to get a quote when they get the 7 days free... takes 10 mins of ur time and if u dont save money u aint lost out!

Ronnie - cheers for that, I didnt take their insurance as I was only 3 months in on a new insurance year when switching over the cars, but after reading that, come August I will definately ask for a quote.

The day i buy my first new car will be the best!!!

Oh it is worth the wait. My first car was a 1.1 106 XT called Jade, and I loved her. I bought her with my own money when I was 17 and had her for a year, then came another 104 1.1XS which was a nice step up in power. After driving my mothers Ka for over a year I'm now able to buy my new Fiesta Mk7 (I'm now 24) Most of my friends were lucky enough for their folks to buy them their first cars, and everyone seemed to have a better car than me :lol: but I personally don't see a point in a new driver having a new car, each to their own though!

Oh it is worth the wait. My first car was a 1.1 106 XT called Jade, and I loved her. I bought her with my own money when I was 17 and had her for a year, then came another 104 1.1XS which was a nice step up in power. After driving my mothers Ka for over a year I'm now able to buy my new Fiesta Mk7 (I'm now 24) Most of my friends were lucky enough for their folks to buy them their first cars, and everyone seemed to have a better car than me :lol: but I personally don't see a point in a new driver having a new car, each to their own though!

Totally agree with you there! Cant believe that people buy brand new cars (or have them bought for them) as their first car! Madness! Plus you learn so much from running an older car.

and if you end up pranging it with crappy car park parking then you won't be annoyed!

Totally agree with you there! Cant believe that people buy brand new cars (or have them bought for them) as their first car! Madness! Plus you learn so much from running an older car.

Totally, these youngsters with too much power too soon is dangerous. I don't care what people say, you start learning after you pass your test. My 1.1 was more than enough when I was 18 and I have no prangs to my name *touches everything wooden in sight*

and if you end up pranging it with crappy car park parking then you won't be annoyed!

Well, as long as you don't ding it into someone elses car it's all good :lol:

im with ford insure, which is underwritten by royal sun alliance, there were over £100 cheaper than anyone else, i checked the every website and company around then tried ford insure on the ford site and it was way cheaper!

couple of young people i know use them and they were the same! way cheaper!

we always tell the customer to get a quote when they get the 7 days free... takes 10 mins of ur time and if u dont save money u aint lost out!

Just thought I would give these guys the benefit of the doubt and did a claim.

Then I had a heart attack.

Cheers Ronnie.

£1800.

I think not.

<_<

Just thought I would give these guys the benefit of the doubt and did a claim.

Then I had a heart attack.

Cheers Ronnie.

£1800.

I think not.

<_<

Yikes!! mines £532 I almost had a heart attack thinking I'd have to cancel my order on the car because the man said "that's 53239 for you" And I was like whaaaaaat?! 5 Thousand....?! :lol:

Well I finally ordered mine on the 1st June so I guess you should get yours 2 days before mine so it will be interesting to see whether you do.

What spec have you ordered?

gone for titanium 3 door 1.6 petrol

vision blue

dress up kit

bluetooth usb

7 spoke alloys

dealer said saturday he expects build date of late june

the ka has a 16 week wait list!!!!!!! :o

Ford insure were quoting me £600! I went with the AA instead for £300.

I found Ford Insure quite expensive - I had free Ford Insurance for a year with my first Ka. I think the main benefit is that if you do have an accident it is automatically sent to a Ford dealership.

so having covered insurance, what shall we ramble on about now??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club