Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Dashcam Muppets ;)

Hyrule

The MOD still use 3.5" floppies

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

I work for an industrial computer company and we are still buying floppy drives in to fit to systems and for people to buy.

We are still shipping P3 440BX systems, it might be niche but there is still a fair demand for legacy components.

I really should get my dashcam setup, brought one in from china a while ago but never really used it. Could have shamed a few drivers on the way back from Ford Fair, lol.

• Like 1

I work for an industrial computer company and we are still buying floppy drives in to fit to systems and for people to buy.

We are still shipping P3 440BX systems, it might be niche but there is still a fair demand for legacy components.

I really should get my dashcam setup, brought one in from china a while ago but never really used it. Could have shamed a few drivers on the way back from Ford Fair, lol.

Who on earth wants them!?

• Like 1

We have supplied systems for Ford factories before.

A lot of industrial and manufacturing companies have machining equipment which is worth hundreds of thousands of pounds and it was designed to run via an ISA interface with programs loaded by floppies.

It is cheaper to pay for a new legacy supporting industrial PC if the old one goes pop than replace the equipment.

• Like 1

Insurance : http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

Technically you're only supposed to check your own vehicle but hey ;)

VED: https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

How much do I want to go check every freaking car in my street right now :lol:

Get those uninsured muppets away from my car Mr Police Officer! B)

Sooo need to get that Mobius, I'd be posting videos everyday on facebook and here lol

• Like 1

How much do I want to go check every freaking car in my street right now :lol:

Get those uninsured muppets away from my car Mr Police Officer! B)

Sooo need to get that Mobius, I'd be posting videos everyday on facebook and here lol

Hello Ian...wait wha..? :blink:

• Like 1

Footage from a Russian dash cam (as usual) showing a Corsa driver who clearly forgets to use the steering wheel when going round a bend and ploughs straight in to the side of a Fiesta:

http://youtu.be/NG_fax7ymbE

• Like 2

Think about priority the mobius does not have god or a screen not that you need one buy if gps is a must for you then the mobius 0803 8 a better option. No one on here has one so I no real world feed back available

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks for the replies + PM.

Having had a look around I think it will be the Mobius.

Dont really need GPS or a screen.

I think the picture quality is bang on day and night time.

I should be able to velcro the camera to the underside of the plastic console just beyond the rear view mirror in the Fiesta 7.5

I can pass the cable over the top of the rear view mirror and behind the sun shade, down the pillar and into the 12V outlet.

It should be quite stealthy in that position as I cant be bothered to keep taking it out the car every night.

Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1

Hello Ian...wait wha..? :blink:

Given that my neighbourhood looks like Bradford (which is the worst for no car insurance),

this link http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/ could be quite handy round here if I could use it freely.

There was clampdown by Police on uninsured cars in my area a few years ago, they took away 40+ cars.

Every time I see a 20 year old Nissan Micra, I just think it's uninsured, and there are loads round here!

• Like 1

Given that my neighbourhood looks like Bradford (which is the worst for no car insurance),

this link http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/ could be quite handy round here if I could use it freely.

There was clampdown by Police on uninsured cars in my area a few years ago, they took away 40+ cars.

Every time I see a 20 year old Nissan Micra, I just think it's uninsured, and there are loads round here!

whoosh :lol: ....both Ian's...

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies + PM.

Having had a look around I think it will be the Mobius.

Dont really need GPS or a screen.

I think the picture quality is bang on day and night time.

I should be able to velcro the camera to the underside of the plastic console just beyond the rear view mirror in the Fiesta 7.5

I can pass the cable over the top of the rear view mirror and behind the sun shade, down the pillar and into the 12V outlet.

It should be quite stealthy in that position as I cant be bothered to keep taking it out the car every night.

Thanks again for your help.

Video quality is out standing. It's a good choice and 100% reliable. I don't take mine out

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Given that my neighbourhood IS Bradford, Im one of those who gets stung for the massive premiums thanks to the uninsured. :censored:

I might be using it. Thats providing I get a policeperson who is actually interested in being given the information.

• Like 1

Given that my neighbourhood IS Bradford, Im one of those who gets stung for the massive premiums thanks to the uninsured. :censored:

I might be using it. Thats providing I get a policeperson who is actually interested in being given the information.

I have to deliver to our www.tdffashion.co.uk store in Bradford,

I intend to get 2 sets of mounts for the Mobious when I order it, one is for works van.

Driving around Bradford is like walking through a jungle full of snipers. :unsure:

Hopefully get a Mobius fitted before insurance renewal is due and try and get a discount :D

Anyone had any luck getting a discount with a dashcam??

• Like 1

Hopefully get a Mobius fitted before insurance renewal is due and try and get a discount :D

Anyone had any luck getting a discount with a dashcam??

Hey, I'm not saying this is a bad idea, I've thought about it myself, I'm just not sure how risky it could be...

I'm just saying that if for instance something happens and you're found to be at fault surely you then can't really deny it all if you've got video footage of it... I'm not suggesting any of us are a dishonest bunch, but lets face it, I've had nearly 9 years of being pumped by the insurance companies... Chances are if I get an inch from them I'm taking it a couple hundred miles!!!

• Like 1

Hey, I'm not saying this is a bad idea, I've thought about it myself, I'm just not sure how risky it could be...

I'm just saying that if for instance something happens and you're found to be at fault surely you then can't really deny it all if you've got video footage of it... I'm not suggesting any of us are a dishonest bunch, but lets face it, I've had nearly 9 years of being pumped by the insurance companies... Chances are if I get an inch from them I'm taking it a couple hundred miles!!!

I would assume though that 'My' insurer is more interested in quickly getting evidence to prove the other party at fault,
any proof of my error would be up to other party to provide?
Would be interesting to know if insurers have to declare if their policy holder has said they use a dash cam.
  • Like 1

I have to deliver to our www.tdffashion.co.uk store in Bradford,

Subtle advertising there :lol:

Driving around Bradford is like walking through a jungle full of snipers. :unsure:

It sure is. People don't believe me when I tell them driving in Bradford is a completely different world to driving anywhere else in the uk.

I have a strange premonition that, if you had an accident and its your fault, the fuse for your cam will just have blown that morning so it wasn't working and you were going to get it fixed as soon as you got back :whistling:

• Like 2

Unfortunately, here is a ford owner, up for the Darwin award.

Pulls out without looking properly.

Has the cheek to wind the window down and say "You were miles away, you weren't there when I looked in my mirror just now".

Sigh

Where is that? It looks kind of familiar. Is it around South London way?

I like how the driver has a go as well. Mong....

• Like 1

Where is that? It looks kind of familiar. Is it around South London way?

I like how the driver has a go as well. Mong....

Good 'ol croydon, the birthplace of bad driving in London :D

Yep, thought it was! I used to work around there myself. Driving certainly had its moments!

• Like 1

Unfortunately, here is a ford owner, up for the Darwin award.

Pulls out without looking properly.

Has the cheek to wind the window down and say "You were miles away, you weren't there when I looked in my mirror just now".

Sigh

I think once I get a camera and something similar happens to me,

I'll probably use my index finger to point to camera, and then raise my middle finger to the Darwin award nominee :D

Some people are just never wrong, like my previous manager <_<

to be honest I dont show people there on camera unless I need to!

I just go with the line of "wait till someone comes knocking" or "you google your number plate and find a million people slagging off the fact your clearly a massive twunt"

• Like 1

to be honest I dont show people there on camera unless I need to!

I just go with the line of "wait till someone comes knocking" or "you google your number plate and find a million people slagging off the fact your clearly a massive twunt"

If I start uploading footage I'm going to have to make sure it's ONLY the incident... I think my driving is fine, but I don't want to be the one everyone starts slagging off :lol::oops:

I think my driving is fine, but I don't want to be the one everyone starts slagging off :lol::oops:

It is one way of finding out if you drive as well as you think you do :lol:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club