Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk1 Radio Install - Permanent Supply

dahipster

Hi all,

I've installed a new radio in my Mk1 Focus, the issue I have is getting it connected to the permanent 12V supply. Please can anyone share a video / how to guide on this subject?

Thanks for your replies.

Chris

Did the radio NOT have the original plug on it ? If it has go to a car radio shop buy an ISO lead plug it in bish bash bosh connected without needing to cut wires etc , if not buy a test light or multimeter and probe your wires on the loom for the old radio supply for you permanent 12v supply.

. :D :driving:

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply Steve.

Yes had the original manufacturer's cables coming out of the back of the radio. Got an adapter to attach to the Ford cables and they plugged in fine. Are they the wrong cables or not wired correctly?

Thanks again.

have you checked the radio fuses? the one on the back of the unit and the one at the fuseboard?

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply. The old, standard ford radio was working ok before I put in this replacement, would you recommend I still need to check them?

definatey, if you connect the wires whilst live it can surge and cause a spike that will trip the fuse. I would recommend replugging in your old unit to make sure that it still works.

As above, check fuses first as its possible one has blown while fitting the radio.

Ive had this problem before though and fixed it by swapping over the red and yellow wires that had bullet connectors on them (so red wire was plugged to yellow wire & yellow wire was plugged to red wire) then the radio I had would keep the station memory.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As above, check fuses first as its possible one has blown while fitting the radio.

Ive had this problem before though and fixed it by swapping over the red and yellow wires that had bullet connectors on them (so red wire was plugged to yellow wire & yellow wire was plugged to red wire) then the radio I had would keep the station memory.

Thanks AdeMK1, thats the solution to the problem I was having! Took the radio out and the red and yellow cables were swapped. 2 minute job to swap the cables and all sorted now. Many thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club