Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Gear

poohbear

ahh he probably isn't really the stig, good intro though!

Hmmm, he may have done some 'stigging' in the past - but the stig is lots of different people...

I think he is, he is talking about all the races he's done with Top Gear, he must be!

I read they changed the stig every year. He is probably just the 'new' one. Did always think he was the stig from day one.

No way - Stig was too quick. :lol:

Yep and they've just changed wikipedia to say it is alleged they said he was the stig so they could interview him!

Schumaker isn't the stig, he just owns one of the ferrari ffx's. Letting an owner take one round the track was probably the only way they could actually get to time one.

I doubt he was doing it when he was in F1 - I think his daytime job would have been more important!

Schumaker isn't the stig, he just owns one of the ferrari ffx's. Letting an owner take one round the track was probably the only way they could actually get to time one.

Sounds about right!

I dont think Schuey is the Stig to many contractual obligations with ferrari/fiat plus as was said, Ferrari will only let you drive your own car at the track,probably just a P.R excecise imho.

The original stig (in black racesuit) was Perry Macarthy the ex F1 driver from Billericay in Essex

Kristal

apparently the "real" stig is Ben Collins, i think he's a touring car driver. the bit with schuey was just a promo for him, made the show interesting but he's not the real stig, it wouldn't work out cos he's an advisor to ferrari and also does german superbikes (or something similar!) so not enough time!

apparently the "real" stig is Ben Collins, i think he's a touring car driver. the bit with schuey was just a promo for him, made the show interesting but he's not the real stig, it wouldn't work out cos he's an advisor to ferrari and also does german superbikes (or something similar!) so not enough time!

Since Ferrari only let the owner drive the FXX on a track he was probably on so they could have it on the show. It was a funny interview though!

Correct - white Stig IS Ben Collins. Ben was once introduced on TG as he was the driver of a merc convertible that a parachutist was trying to land in whilst the car was travelling along the track. It was amusing to think that the showing was on air and there was The Stig as Ben on the programme.

Since Ferrari only let the owner drive the FXX on a track he was probably on so they could have it on the show. It was a funny interview though!

And that had to be the meanest looking car that they have ever raced round the track and even though, at times, it did not look like it was going that quickly, OMG!!! a whole 7 seconds quicker than anything else, that can go over a speed bump, that they have ever raced before - mind you, maybe having Schewy at the wheel helped too

Correct - white Stig IS Ben Collins. Ben was once introduced on TG as he was the driver of a merc convertible that a parachutist was trying to land in whilst the car was travelling along the track. It was amusing to think that the showing was on air and there was The Stig as Ben on the programme.

haha i was watching that episode the other day and i didn't realise that actually was ben collins! i reckon i must of been half asleep or something!

can't wait for this series next ep, hopes theres many more great stig moments to come!

I've heard this too. My brother in law is called Ben Collins and is a regular at Silverstone for track days, all the instructors there are always laughing and joking about the fact the really stig has apparently got the same name.

I heard also that Heikki Kovolinen (i know that's spelt wrong....!) did it once or twice too.

... Not sure what to believe now at first i thought it was Michael but after thinking about it, surely it must be a publicity stunt :o

... Not sure what to believe now at first i thought it was Michael but after thinking about it, surely it must be a publicity stunt :o

BBC today admitted it was a joke, but are still staying tight lipped about who the "real" stig is......but we know dont we...........

BBC today admitted it was a joke, but are still staying tight lipped about who the "real" stig is......but we know dont we...........

Height comparisons is the way to go imo, if im really bored I'll look into it one day

I'm still hoping for Tiff Needell.

I don't think it is Ben Collins - if he was they'd have changed the Stig by now. When Perry McCarthy wrote it in his book he wasn't allowed to be The Stig anymore.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club