Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New member, new car.

NigelH

Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for a while now and thought it time that I popped in to introduce myself.

My name is Nigel and I live in Devon. Firstly, can I say a big thank you for all the helpful information I have learned from the Forum and to say what a friendly, well-run place this is. It's a credit to the members.

In January I decided to buy a new Fiesta, but the buying process has not been enjoyable. It took 6 weeks to get a brochure - I read the on-line version, but wrongly assumed that there would be more info in the paper copy. A visit to the dealer to look at a car and take a test drive did not inspire confidence. The salesman had great difficulty opening the boot, which creaked loudly when he did get it open; the boot lamp hung down on its wires; it took several attempts to close the boot; the passenger door would not close and a warning light indicated that the boot was open when it was not. All this on a demonstrator! The drive, though, was good. I told the dealer what I wanted, a Zetec S Ti-VCT in Moondust silver, black interior and spare wheel. Luckily, he found one already in the system with a delivery date of 30 March, so on 19 February I signed.

Over the next three months the delivery date was put back 7 times to an eventual date of 31 May. The car was actually delivered, minus the spare wheel and fuel filler adapter, on 22 May, but no-one rang to tell me. The worst news? A few days before delivery my trade-in needed a new esp unit at a cost of over £1400. The manufacturer chipped in, but I was still left to pay over £800, which I would not have had if Ford had delivered on time. Not happy, Henry!

But I now have the car and it is proving to be a cracking little motor. Quiet, comfortable, responsive and agile. Nothing has gone wrong, although I have yet to master the refuelling process and have no experience of the Hankook tyres - just have to see how they go. As I left the dealer, he commented that he could make nothing from my plates which end in VSD. I suggested Very Slow Delivery!

I'll keep in touch and promise that future posts will be a little shorter.

Nigel

And myabe a few pictures of your new motor too please?

And myabe a few pictures of your new motor too please?

I'll post some as soon as I have them, but it may take a few days, I'm afraid.

Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for a while now and thought it time that I popped in to introduce myself.

My name is Nigel and I live in Devon. Firstly, can I say a big thank you for all the helpful information I have learned from the Forum and to say what a friendly, well-run place this is. It's a credit to the members.

In January I decided to buy a new Fiesta, but the buying process has not been enjoyable. It took 6 weeks to get a brochure - I read the on-line version, but wrongly assumed that there would be more info in the paper copy. A visit to the dealer to look at a car and take a test drive did not inspire confidence. The salesman had great difficulty opening the boot, which creaked loudly when he did get it open; the boot lamp hung down on its wires; it took several attempts to close the boot; the passenger door would not close and a warning light indicated that the boot was open when it was not. All this on a demonstrator! The drive, though, was good. I told the dealer what I wanted, a Zetec S Ti-VCT in Moondust silver, black interior and spare wheel. Luckily, he found one already in the system with a delivery date of 30 March, so on 19 February I signed.

Over the next three months the delivery date was put back 7 times to an eventual date of 31 May. The car was actually delivered, minus the spare wheel and fuel filler adapter, on 22 May, but no-one rang to tell me. The worst news? A few days before delivery my trade-in needed a new esp unit at a cost of over £1400. The manufacturer chipped in, but I was still left to pay over £800, which I would not have had if Ford had delivered on time. Not happy, Henry!

But I now have the car and it is proving to be a cracking little motor. Quiet, comfortable, responsive and agile. Nothing has gone wrong, although I have yet to master the refuelling process and have no experience of the Hankook tyres - just have to see how they go. As I left the dealer, he commented that he could make nothing from my plates which end in VSD. I suggested Very Slow Delivery!

I'll keep in touch and promise that future posts will be a little shorter.

Nigel

Welcome aboard Nigel and good choice that man!

I'll echo Paul's comments and request that you post some piccies for us.

A bit of a bummer about your part exchange--shame you couldn't have blagged it eh?

Out of curiosity what did you have before the Fiesta and don't worry about the length of your posts......we can all rabbit on for England here! :lol::lol:

Out of curiosity what did you have before the Fiesta and don't worry about the length of your posts......we can all rabbit on for England here! :lol::lol:

An Audi A3 Sport 2.0 TDI. Nice car, but I don't really miss it. SWMBO, who doesn't drive, decreed that we should have something smaller. All the reports that I read pointed to the Fiesta, and so far it has turned out to be an excellent car. I am well pleased.

An Audi A3 Sport 2.0 TDI. Nice car, but I don't really miss it. SWMBO, who doesn't drive, decreed that we should have something smaller. All the reports that I read pointed to the Fiesta, and so far it has turned out to be an excellent car. I am well pleased.

If she doesn't drive then surely you get to choose what car you have?

Anyway I bet she does drive.............you round the bend!!! :lol:

I choose my car and Mrs Hedgepig chooses hers (with some help and influence from me as I pinch it sometimes and I wouldn't want to pinch a boring car...) ;) ;)

Welcome Nigel, I look forward to pictures :D Nice to see another Zetec-S owner knocking about. Getting tired of all these flashy titanium owners ;)

Nice to meet you :-) hope to see some pictures when you get the chance.

Sorry your experience with Ford hasn't been a good one.

Welcome to the forum Nigel. Before I chose the Ford Fiesta I was looking at the Audi A3. Its quite a bit bigger than the Fiesta.

Welcome indeed Nigel to the forum.

Sorry to hear about you experience at the Ford dealer. I know how you feel too! I change cars every 3 years & it's amazing how

many useless/inept dealers there are out there! And I don't just mean Ford of course - but most marques.

Had that been me parting with my hard-earned dosh at the Ford showroom - I'd have had many sleepless nights worrying that I'd

bought the right car - what with the boot/door problems on the demo car - and thinking have I purchased a motor that will fall apart

in no time atall.

Anyway - glad you're happy with it. As you can see from my details - I currently drive a Citroen C2 VTR 1.6 and don't even own a

Fiesta...yet! I am changing cars on 25th September when the lease for my C2 runs out & have (obviously) taken a shine to the new

Fiesta. I am/have been looking at the new VW Golf, the Alfa Romeo MiTo & the Mazda 2 1.5 Sport - but the first of those 2 are very

expensive (nothing new for VW of course!) whilst the Mazda 2 (nice as it is) isn't quite as nice as the similar Fiesta.

So - all those good friendly souls on here have been keeping me well informed & up-to-date with all the good and bad points

of the new Fiesta - to help me make my mind up. As Ford have just announced a £600 price increase on all Fiesta models from the

1st July - I'd better get my skates on if I really want a shiny new Titanium. That's a big price increase by any measure.

Finally - as others have added - looking forward to seeing pics Nigel.

Getting tired of all these flashy titanium owners ;)

Can't possibly imagine what you mean...... ;)

Apart from the state of the demonstrator and not telling me when my car had arrived, the dealer was actually quite good. It was not his fault that no brochures were available or that Ford put back delivery so many times. He had to put up with me badgering him weekly - I know he is paid to do that, but he did with a fair measure of good grace.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club