Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Pads For Roof Bars

j_cocker

I am on the second set of roof bars for my 58 reg S-MAX Titanium (without panoramic roof). They are the genuine Ford ones.

First set failed - well the rubber pads disintegrated - after less than 2 years. Had the whole thing replaced by my dealer with a new one which has now failed in the same way.

Any idea how to get hold of just the replacement pads?

The roof bars are these ones: Locking Roof Bars Genuine Ford Product Reference Number 1383997

I think they are re-badged thule, but I am not sure.

One way, but perhaps not the cheapest, would be to wonder off to thule with cap in hand and see what they can give you.

Hopefully someone else can offer some better advice, but that's all I can offer.

are you talking about the rubber washers? if so from what i have read,you cannot get them separately.

but a cheap fix is this,cut them down to fit.

this is just an example,

www.doorfurnituredirect.co.uk/scpro/bernards/productdetailsmore~productid~7231.htm?gclid=CKnRr-T3icECFazItAodyzwApQ

are you talking about the rubber washers? if so from what i have read,you cannot get them separately.

but a cheap fix is this,cut them down to fit.

this is just an example,

www.doorfurnituredirect.co.uk/scpro/bernards/productdetailsmore~productid~7231.htm?gclid=CKnRr-T3icECFazItAodyzwApQ

Thanks a lot - that's an idea! Never thought of that.

Yes, it is the washers that fell apart.

Are you referring to the bit the bolt drops through and the yellow screw tightens onto?

If so...my roof bars were bought 2nd hand off here. Those pads hadhad beers replaced with large nuts lol

Does the job, not had any problems other than a bit of scratching to the paint inside the thing lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club