Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good deals on the new Fez

bILLOO

Hi everyone, first post here!

I had a call from my local Ford dealer asking me if I wanted to replace my current Fiesta with a new mark 7. They told me I could get a Zetec-S for 10k which includes the sport pack. I'm told by other Fez owners that this isn't a very good deal.

What kind of prices should I expect (obviously I'll be haggling like crazy, haha)? I'd like a Zetec-S or Titanium with the sports pack and a few extras. Do have money to spend. Have heard the Titanium is better for the 'toys'!

Also, I'm going to be doing lots of miles so thinking of getting the 1.6 TDI. What's it like?

Is the £10,000 price including a part ex of your current car? If not, then theres no way you will get a £15,000+ car with £5k discount. That would bring it to below the base spec price...

Is the £10,000 price including a part ex of your current car? If not, then theres no way you will get a £15,000+ car with £5k discount. That would bring it to below the base spec price...

It does include part-ex. I guess they have on record what car I have so they've estimated how much it'll cost me?

I just went on one of the one line new car buying sites and priced up what I wanted and then took that to two non-connected local dealers and got them to bid against each other and when I got down to a price I was happy with I signed the papers

It does include part-ex. I guess they have on record what car I have so they've estimated how much it'll cost me?

Firstly, you need to find out what your current car's worth then you'll have an idea as to how much your local dealer is charging you for the new one then compare his price against internet prices.

Once you have done that, go to several Ford dealers and get their prices.

Not every dealer will give you a good price--you have to be cute and know the market so that you can play one off against the other to get your best deal.

This is the fun stage so.....enjoy! ;)

Firstly, you need to find out what your current car's worth then you'll have an idea as to how much your local dealer is charging you for the new one then compare his price against internet prices.

Once you have done that, go to several Ford dealers and get their prices.

Not every dealer will give you a good price--you have to be cute and know the market so that you can play one off against the other to get your best deal.

This is the fun stage so.....enjoy! ;)

We have a few Ford dealerships in this town, so it certainly will be fun. ;)

Am gonna be looking for a Zetec-S and Titanium, but by the looks of it the Titanium with the Sports pack etc is the way to go seeing as the Zetec-S has less features than my current mark 6.5 Zetec!

So, took a drive to the Ford dealership...

I didn't actually like the Titanium as much as the Zetec-S; thought it had too much. A lot of the extras I wouldn't use (automatic wipers, headlights, parking sensors, cruise control etc).

Anyway, got a quote on a white 1.6 petrol Zetec-S with the full exterior styling kit, blue tooth/iPod thing & quick-clear. So kind of basic which I like.

The quote is for £14,000.00. I've seen cheaper; how much should I be paying for this model/spec?

I didn't actually like the Titanium as much as the Zetec-S; thought it had too much. A lot of the extras I wouldn't use (automatic wipers, headlights, parking sensors, cruise control etc).

Anyway, got a quote on a white 1.6 petrol Zetec-S with the full exterior styling kit, blue tooth/iPod thing & quick-clear. So kind of basic which I like.

The quote is for £14,000.00. I've seen cheaper; how much should I be paying for this model/spec?

Using the advice I gave you before-----Dealdrivers are quoting €12391 for the spec you want.

Not all dealers will match this price but, based on the above, I would be looking to pay in the region of €12500 to €13000.

It all depends on what's important to you; if it's price alone.......fine---Dealdrivers or an equivalent will be ideal.

If, however, you want after sales service etc and customer care I would go to a Ford dealer directly and use that price as a lever to see what you can get.

You could get your car anywhere but, in my experience, you are more likely to be looked after if you buy from the dealer direct but this is purely subjective.

Using the advice I gave you before-----Dealdrivers are quoting €12391 for the spec you want.

Not all dealers will match this price but, based on the above, I would be looking to pay in the region of €12500 to €13000.

It all depends on what's important to you; if it's price alone.......fine---Dealdrivers or an equivalent will be ideal.

If, however, you want after sales service etc and customer care I would go to a Ford dealer directly and use that price as a lever to see what you can get.

You could get your car anywhere but, in my experience, you are more likely to be looked after if you buy from the dealer direct but this is purely subjective.

You're right. People pay for 'peace of mind' when going to a dealer. I like the experience, better than the weekly shop that's for sure! :P

EDIT: Yes, £14k does seem a little steep for what the spec is. :(

I have a Zetec-s with street pack, side skirts, kick plates and blue tooth and I knocked them down from £15,900 to £12,900 but I've heard of better deals. I went with mine right away because it was available within 5 days, I couldn't wait as I needed a car asap. I also prefer the look of the ZS, too much chrome for my tastes on the Titanium! Also I think the parking sensors look yuck lol I would have liked the folding mirrors and a couple more treats, but they weren't worth the 3 month+ wait!

I have a Zetec-s with street pack, side skirts, kick plates and blue tooth and I knocked them down from £15,900 to £12,900 but I've heard of better deals. I went with mine right away because it was available within 5 days, I couldn't wait as I needed a car asap. I also prefer the look of the ZS, too much chrome for my tastes on the Titanium! Also I think the parking sensors look yuck lol I would have likes the folding mirrors and a couple more treats, but they weren't worth the 3 month+ wait!

That sounds better. Pretty much what I'd like. The Titanium is trying to be a Mondeo (IMHO). The manager quoted me the £14k so will try to get at least a grand off it that's for sure! :lol:

Do you have the petrol?

I've paid that for mine - see spec below - which list price is now 16,800

I've paid that for mine - see spec below - which list price is now 16,800

Your one has more toys... shows that £14k for a 'lesser' Zetec-S isn't very good! :lol:

That sounds better. Pretty much what I'd like. The Titanium is trying to be a Mondeo (IMHO). The manager quoted me the £14k so will try to get at least a grand off it that's for sure! :lol:

Do you have the petrol?

Yep, the 1.6 petrol. It really is a beautiful car and drive :D You won't regret it if you decide to go for it

Yep, the 1.6 petrol. It really is a beautiful car and drive :D You won't regret it if you decide to go for it

Oh it's sooo tempting! It's just annoying when the dealership is a greedy bugger! :lol:

I'm test driving a Titanium next Sunday and the guy who works there is bringing his Zetec-S in white with all the extras... oh dear. :wub:

Well the dealer is sticking to the £14k. Too much, am not getting one yet. Will probably wait until a facelift is out in a few years time. :(

Well the dealer is sticking to the £14k. Too much, am not getting one yet. Will probably wait until a facelift is out in a few years time. :(

Is that for the Zetec S you mentioned previously?

Is that for the Zetec S you mentioned previously?

It is. Since then I've found one with the same spec for £12k which is a little better.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club