Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth And Usb Problems

Urbie

Hello everyone, I am not a mechanic or an auto elec so please be gentle.

I have had my 2011 Mondeo Titanium X for 1 year now and I have had no problems what so ever. Suddenly today I wanted to use my phone and when I pressed the phone button it muted the radio. Also the USB where I have my iPod plugged in doesn't work either.

Can someone help Please

Urbie

• Like 1

Update.

Went to my Ford dealer and he says the bluetooth module needs to be replaced. And will cost

About 400€ to replace including labour and vat

Oh well

That's a shame, does the car still have a warranty? If so that sort of thing should be covered, but being a 2011 car the warranty might have ended recently.

• Like 1

Indeed the warranty just expired last month. I actually told the dealer that it was ironic that 1 month after the warranty expired this happened. Oh well never mind. I will have to do without it until next month, with Christmas I have other important expenses. Until then I will just have to pull over to answer the phone...

Indeed the warranty just expired last month. I actually told the dealer that it was ironic that 1 month after the warranty expired this happened. Oh well never mind. I will have to do without it until next month, with Christmas I have other important expenses. Until then I will just have to pull over to answer the phone...

You might still be able to get help from Ford with this. I've heard that if something goes wrong just after it's warranty runs out you might still have some kind of protection, I might be wrong but you might be able to argue that the car you've bought isn't fit for purpose or something. Hopefully someone else can confirm this (or tell me I'm talking nonsense).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity I wanted to find the bluetooth module to reset it. However I could not find it. But I was thinking that if it is connected to the stereo system maybe it gets its power from the stereo, so I pulled the fuse (43) in the engine bay, waited 5 minutes (played a bit of solitaire) put the fuse back in and guess what? After putting in the code everything started worked. bluetooth and USB. So Ford was just spinning me a bit of crap. I am disappointed...

Yeah that sounds like they were only interested in taking your money. Most people on this forum would be able to guess that taking out a fuse or disconnecting the battery might help, so I find it hard to believe that a Ford mechanic wouldn't think of that. They're worthy of Rogue Traders - I'd give them a call ;)

• 1 month later...