Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Introducing Titan.. Reverse Park Camera Added!!

Brigante

Looking good matey, wish I had the cash you have for your car.

• Like 1

Thanks lads I am really pleased with it after the right faff ive had over the last week to fit it.

The sunglasses holder looks messy in places where ive had to cut bits away to accomodate the monitor so that it can lay flat but it does the job sufficiently. I will look at tidying it up later on.

I'd originally bought a 5" monitor to fit there but I dont think the sunglasses holder would accomodate the size of it so I had to drop down to a 4.3 instead.

Havent really spent anything on the mondeo yet, nowhere near as the focus anyway as funds have been very restricted the last month or so.

• Like 1

Haha, you have probably spent more on yours in the last two weeks than I have since the day I bought mine lol

• Like 1

After a minor hitch with them flickering last night when spliced into the sidelights, tonight I spliced them into the dipped beam instead and happy days they are functioning as they should so now I have DRL's fitted and up n running

This is with the full brightness/headlights off

post-34566-0-29921000-1425181582_thumb.j

(flash on camera turned on)

post-34566-0-92963700-1425181646_thumb.j

post-34566-0-77410700-1425181664_thumb.j

post-34566-0-78709200-1425181692_thumb.j

50% brightness/headlights on

post-34566-0-88141300-1425181738_thumb.j

post-34566-0-28192800-1425181765_thumb.j

post-34566-0-27371600-1425181798_thumb.j

I know they might not be to everyones taste but I think they have turned out pretty good and for a total cost of about 20quid the result is sweet and very very easy to install so I am happy with them.

I was originally thinking of wiring in some philips drl strips that have 4 leds in each which would of cost about 60 quid for the complete kit.

I gathered up separate parts for about 20quid and now each headlight has 72 leds in them and the effect is a lot better than the philips I was gonna go for

• Like 3

great job with the leds fella.

i like them a lot

• Like 1

Next mod is finally out of the way..

Its taken a few days of faffing about in the dark and a lot of swearing but I finally have a reverse parking camera in the mondeo. Has really been doing my nut in not having one and will make reversing into a space so much easier so this is why its probably gonna be the most practical mod I'll do

I'll take a photo of the actual camera tomorrow but this is what I've come up with for the monitor

attachicon.gif20150228_035329_resized.jpg

Didnt want an external monitor visible anywhere in the car and didnt fancy the idea of a clip on rear view mirror monitor either so tonight now all the wiring was finally in place I set about butchering the sunglasses holder with a junior hacksaw and a stanley kinfe

This was the result

attachicon.gif20150228_035351_resized.jpg

I think it is pretty nifty and is discreetly hidden away until it is required and then I simply give it a gentle push and it rotates to reveal the screen

The picture quality is quite good too considering this is the night vision

attachicon.gif20150228_035554_resized.jpg

Excellent series of mods done on the Mondeo mate,

My most favourite has to be this hidden screen looks awsome.

Really pleased with it now it is finally complete and the monitor also has a second video input so something I may do in future is fit a front facing camera somewhere and run the video feed for that to it also

Comments welcome

Some fantastic mods done on the mondeo Charlie,

My favourite to date has to be the flip down reverse monitor custom mounted inside existing panel.

Bang tidy indeed :)

I remember you had a DVR dash cam fitted in the focus,

If considering fitting to the mondeo, ive created a guide on fitting a stealthy dual cam system see link:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/65147-guide-fitting-dual-camera-dvr-system-focus-mk2-mk25/?p=438442

Nice job Charlie, what's those led's like in daytime? And how did you install them? Are they stick ons or inside the Headlight?

• Like 1

I have just mounted the led strips to the bumper underneath the headlights using 5mm 3M double sided tape, just gave bumper a quick wipe down with a micro fibre cloth and the tape adhered really well.

I would fancy splitting the headlights and mounting some strips inside but unless I can get a second set dirt cheap theres no way I'd attempt it.

This is how the relay is powered

post-34566-0-93703000-1425258087_thumb.j

And I routed the wires around the engine bay cable tying where possible

post-34566-0-89695100-1425258212_thumb.j

post-34566-0-13003200-1425258250_thumb.j

post-34566-0-75205600-1425258269_thumb.j

3M'd the relay down on the slam panel

post-34566-0-82413100-1425258325_thumb.j

Heres the led strips stuck down

post-34566-0-94133700-1425258379_thumb.j

Heres some shots of them in day light.

Headlights off

post-34566-0-86945400-1425258506_thumb.j

post-34566-0-96294000-1425258524_thumb.j

post-34566-0-81503600-1425258558_thumb.j

Headlights on

post-34566-0-84195500-1425258610_thumb.j

post-34566-0-23488200-1425258631_thumb.j

post-34566-0-83795000-1425258652_thumb.j

I dont think they are actually that bright in the day but will do for now. I would mind swapping them for some solid led flexible tubing instead of a strip of single leds but all the tubing i can find seems to come from china

Oh and this is the reverse parking camera I went for

post-34566-0-76888500-1425258706_thumb.j

• Like 2

Some fantastic mods done on the mondeo Charlie,

My favourite to date has to be the flip down reverse monitor custom mounted inside existing panel.

Bang tidy indeed :)

I remember you had a DVR dash cam fitted in the focus,

If considering fitting to the mondeo, ive created a guide on fitting a stealthy dual cam system see link:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/65147-guide-fitting-dual-camera-dvr-system-focus-mk2-mk25/?p=438442

Nice one Leonard mate, I am loving the beast, entirely different animal to the old war horse of the focus.

Even little things like seeing the beam from the xenons go up n down as they self level still makes me smile every time I get in it cause I'm like hell yeah I got xenons baby :P

Got plenty more mods planned but most of them have to wait till I get some warm dry weather as a lot involves spraying plastics but yes my favourite mod so far is my rear camera. Getting plenty of use out of it already n purely the stealth of it makes me smile.

You are mistaken though mate as I never got round to fitting a dash cam to the focus, I just had a reverse parking camera like I've fitted to the mondeo except that was fed to the aftermarket pioneer head unit.

I do intend to fit some stealthy dash cams to the mondeo though so your guide is making for a useful read.

• Like 1

Nice one Leonard mate, I am loving the beast, entirely different animal to the old war horse of the focus.

Even little things like seeing the beam from the xenons go up n down as they self level still makes me smile every time I get in it cause I'm like hell yeah I got xenons baby :P

Got plenty more mods planned but most of them have to wait till I get some warm dry weather as a lot involves spraying plastics but yes my favourite mod so far is my rear camera. Getting plenty of use out of it already n purely the stealth of it makes me smile.

You are mistaken though mate as I never got round to fitting a dash cam to the focus, I just had a reverse parking camera like I've fitted to the mondeo except that was fed to the aftermarket pioneer head unit.

I do intend to fit some stealthy dash cams to the mondeo though so your guide is making for a useful read.

Sounds great,

Also the mondeo looks very premium it will respond very well to subtle modifications,

Those light brows look really good if i didn't have three kids a mortgage and a HouseWife id have myself a Mondeo lol

I thought you had a dash cam fitted my mistake lol sign of Alsimers :rolleyes:

Im hoping June will be a good month for weather as im stock piling parts aswell since september and plan to take a week off work to strip out the car and install,

Anyways glad you find the guide of some interest and i look forward to watching the build, roll on the good weather B)

Sounds great,

Also the mondeo looks very premium it will respond very well to subtle modifications,

Those light brows look really good if i didn't have three kids a mortgage and a HouseWife id have myself a Mondeo lol

I thought you had a dash cam fitted my mistake lol sign of Alsimers :rolleyes:

Im hoping June will be a good month for weather as im stock piling parts aswell since september and plan to take a week off work to strip out the car and install,

Anyways glad you find the guide of some interest and i look forward to watching the build, roll on the good weather B)

Thanks Lenny mate yup everytime i sit in it it just feels premium what with the very comfy heated leather seats, the built in touch screen n the convers+. Even that it has a 12v socket in the back of the armrest for rear passengers. Even noticing little things like that the rear passengers also have door pockets n blowers in the pillars.

The exterior of the car just speaks for itself what with the sports suspension, 18" alloys, full bodykit n twin exhaust oh and privacy glass :)

I do have one major pet hate with it though :| the colour of the roof liner n pillars just ruins the interior. you so would of thought theyd of made it black like the focus st n just doesnt suit the car at all. That will be a rather big mod in future, to remove the interior, spray all the pillars etc black and re line the roof liner with a black suede ish fabric.

I purchased the car as a 25th birthday present/christmas present to myself as I bought it exactly in the middle of the two but also as an investment due to the amount of time i spend on motorways.

part of me is starting to think it was a mistake though due to work making a very sudden down turn once we hit new year.

• Like 1

Thanks Lenny mate yup everytime i sit in it it just feels premium what with the very comfy heated leather seats, the built in touch screen n the convers+. Even that it has a 12v socket in the back of the armrest for rear passengers. Even noticing little things like that the rear passengers also have door pockets n blowers in the pillars.

The exterior of the car just speaks for itself what with the sports suspension, 18" alloys, full bodykit n twin exhaust oh and privacy glass :)

I do have one major pet hate with it though :| the colour of the roof liner n pillars just ruins the interior. you so would of thought theyd of made it black like the focus st n just doesnt suit the car at all. That will be a rather big mod in future, to remove the interior, spray all the pillars etc black and re line the roof liner with a black suede ish fabric.

I purchased the car as a 25th birthday present/christmas present to myself as I bought it exactly in the middle of the two but also as an investment due to the amount of time i spend on motorways.

part of me is starting to think it was a mistake though due to work making a very sudden down turn once we hit new year.

Its very well spec'ed ive spent a fortune putting all those items on my focus except for the rear passenger vents and leather interior,

Nice to have it all in the car already.

A suede roof lining would look awsome perhaps fit a flip down dvd in the rear while there but suppose you may not have any use for it back there,

Ive modded my focus through three jobs now mate,

If things get worse in work dont ever sell it, see my guide on storing vehicle for long periods if needs be,

The focus gave me motivation at times to get back out and search for work again as its sometimes easy to become disheartend.

Overall i hope things pick up again in work mate,

My work is very quiet since september last year aswell when we got bought over by a larger global company should either pick up or close by june lol nothing we can do but stick with it.

Yeah they don't seem overly great for daytime lol I will be interested to see what you get next though.

• Like 1

Its very well spec'ed ive spent a fortune putting all those items on my focus except for the rear passenger vents and leather interior,

Nice to have it all in the car already.

A suede roof lining would look awsome perhaps fit a flip down dvd in the rear while there but suppose you may not have any use for it back there,

Ive modded my focus through three jobs now mate,

If things get worse in work dont ever sell it, see my guide on storing vehicle for long periods if needs be,

The focus gave me motivation at times to get back out and search for work again as its sometimes easy to become disheartend.

Overall i hope things pick up again in work mate,

My work is very quiet since september last year aswell when we got bought over by a larger global company should either pick up or close by june lol nothing we can do but stick with it.

Yup its definitely well spec'd mate, after all the funds i spent on the focus fitting the body kit etc and the time spent tracking down the parts, I decided to cheat a bit with the mondeo n buy the best spec available with everything (well most of it) already fiited

I did originally look at just normal titan x's and tried to price up on eBay how much it would cost to gather up the parts n fit the kit myself. Was gonna be another lengthy mission and costly too so this only left one option.. titan x sport it was

Thanks for your kind words mate. Does mean a lot. Nope wont be selling the mondeo, gonna have it for a while yet. The joke is though that I bought it as an investment in work just because I was doing a hell of a lot of miles in the focus so i needed something a bit bigger, bit more comfortable, bit more powerful, more grunt and it had to be a diesel.

But then as I say as soon as I've made the purchase, work takes a nose dive. I am just hoping it picks up very soon as more circumstances have changed n I really need to be earning more than ever.

• Like 1

Yeah they don't seem overly great for daytime lol I will be interested to see what you get next though.

Yup was fairly disappointed to be fair,looked great at night but as day running lights, they don't work very well in the, um, day lol

So much so that I decided to completely remove them and the relay, at least until I find some more suitable led strips

I have now though finally fitted both front fog bulbs

post-34566-0-17129500-1425594608_thumb.j

post-34566-0-10829500-1425594626_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not been able to do any mods for a while due to working silly shifts and lack of funds

Cracked out a few subtle mods but not much

Decided to fully debadge the rear end

post-34566-0-46646800-1432415565_thumb.j

I am toying with the idea of fitting an S badge to it but that can wait a while

I will at some point be stealthifying the exterior by spraying black everything that isn't black but that will probably wait till I get round to purchasing a new front bumper to get rid of the damaged front end

But for now I got the random urge to wrap the bonnet lip with some carbon vinyl I had laying about as the chrome was really annoying me

post-34566-0-90454800-1432415822_thumb.j

post-34566-0-59869800-1432415857_thumb.j

When I do get round to it the wrap will come off and it'll be colour coded

Lastly, mentioned this on a separate thread but in addition to the rear parking camera I have now fitted a front parking camera

post-34566-0-07344400-1432415996_thumb.j

post-34566-0-04370800-1432416045_thumb.j

Not entirely happy as the camera has too much of a wide angle to it but it'll do for now

post-34566-0-16820400-1432416097_thumb.j

It is wired up to a rocker switch in the cup holder. Seemed like the best place to locate it

post-34566-0-68607500-1432416121_thumb.j

post-34566-0-09109600-1432416137_thumb.j

• Like 3

Looks gd bud just finished blacking the rest of the chrome on mine

This is her now :-) the blacker the better :-)

post-65703-143251944988_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That needs bonnet vents to finish it off.

• Like 1

+1 for bonnet vents

• Like 1

That is the bomb. Love the motor and hope your pleased with it. You got a link for the reverse cam and monitor?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Due to having a baby on the way, starting a new job and having 6months rent to pay up front next month it has been very slow on the mod front to the point of being none existent. To make it worse, the front end damage is still there.

I have attempted to get a few small mods out of the way but it didn't go well.

First I wrapped the interior parts in carbon vinyl using the last bit I had left, actually went really well

post-34566-0-58997400-1435185912_thumb.j

post-34566-0-02019400-1435185931_thumb.j

However I immediately thought it just looked pants and considering its supposed to be the 4D stuff it just looks flat and unconvincing. Also as soon as the slightest bit of sun got to it, it bubbled right up no matter how good I stuck it down.

post-34566-0-29469600-1435186087_thumb.j

That was the deciding factor so I immediately ripped it all straight back off meaning I completely wasted the hours it took to apply it the previous night.

Next attempted mod was a sun strip, not just because it will add to the stealth but because I've been getting blinded to hell driving to/from work sunglasses or no sunglasses, so to make the job easier I purchased a pre cut strip from eBay that's allegedly precision cut specifically for the mondeo mk4...

Placed it on the windscreen and immediately discovered it is completely the wrong shape, size and does not even reach across the windscreen.

post-34566-0-24849600-1435186384_thumb.j

So that's 16quid wasted and I need to get a refund. Not happy at all and I'm still being blinded.

One of the next mods I will be carrying out is fitting bonnet vents as I think the just have to be done on a car like this and currently trying to decide between RS and XKR vents.

While mooching for vents I stumbled across The Finn. Made a cheeky offer and paid less than the asking price. Seen a load of Evo's and Impressa's with em, always liked the look and think it butches up the rear end a bit more and makes it meaner in a subtle way.

Had to duck tape a tape measure across the back end to get the spacing of em perfect

post-34566-0-92449900-1435186858_thumb.j

Took a load of photos. What are peoples opinions? Missus doesn't like them..

post-34566-0-95502800-1435186936_thumb.j

post-34566-0-18919600-1435186958_thumb.j

post-34566-0-95456400-1435186984_thumb.j

post-34566-0-58271400-1435187006_thumb.j

post-34566-0-26591100-1435187036_thumb.j

Think they will really compliment the bonnet vents once fitted as well as when I finally repair the front end and stealth it all out.

Lastly, not really a mod but I saw this this and just had to get it

post-34566-0-85737600-1435187359_thumb.j

Nuff said :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club