Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Courtesy Light Problem

Brigante

I am swapping the front and rear courtesy light bulbs for blue leds. The front one is a festoon and the rear is a wedge

I am experiencing a strange problem where by having both front n rear as led, one of the bulbs stays illuminated at a dimmed rate

I have them set so they come on with opening the doors. When all the lights go off, one will stay on dimmed. I find that if i turn one off completely, the other will iluminately dimmly.

Myself and a lot of forum members have/are experienced/in this. it is because the earth is switched & the 12v+ is on permanently meaning there is always a little bit off current going through the circuit. This current is such a small amount that it isnt visible with regular halogen bulbs but with LEDs it causes them to glow.

the solution is to 1.) wire a resistor into your circuit (there's no easy wayto calculate which ratings you will need on this occasion)

or 2.) buy CanBUS LEDs which have a resistor installed into the unit and should stop the glowing

I went for this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221474105865?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And it worked a treat! it is a very very very cold colour compared to the many other LEDs in my car buti solved this by taking an offcut of coloured Gel from work and sticking it over the LEDs :)

or even easier.. you could just go back to horrible halogen :)

• 4 weeks later...

Dont worry about it mate, I have the same issue. For example I also have number plate LED's and after I shut the car down and lock it, they leave the plate lights dimmed for about 15 minutes after, but it uses about 0.00001% of the battery :p

Dont worry about it mate, I have the same issue. For example I also have number plate LED's and after I shut the car down and lock it, they leave the plate lights dimmed for about 15 minutes after, but it uses about 0.00001% of the battery :p

Should try the LEDs I shared above, solved my problem! :), not that it's much of a problem

just be prepared for the blueish light

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club