Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Passenger Airbag On/off Switch

jace1969

Are these hard to fit and how much is the switch to buy from ford,and part number.

Its just got a blank in the glove box.

Thanks

Dead easy to fit, about £30 IIRC (got mine off ebay) for the switch but you will then need it programming by Ford

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Dead easy to fit, about £30 IIRC (got mine off ebay) for the switch but you will then need it programming by Ford

Well i will have the light now lol as i have had the switch with them both on.

How much does ford cost to do it or can it be done at other places.

You will once it's programmed. I assume only ford can do it but don't quote me on that. They wouldn't charge more than an hour, if you are lucky 1/2 hour. Think rough charges are £65/hour (at mine anyway)

Thanks again........... :) you have been a great help these last few days as have a few people on here.

This is the one i think http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170914809735?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks again........... :) you have been a great help these last few days as have a few people on here.

This is the one i think http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170914809735?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Looks good to me :)

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• 2 weeks later...

Ok taken glove box out to get to fuse box but where is the pass air bag deactivation switch wire.

Can't see any plug.

Tucked away to the right IIRC

Is it just a small push in type because i have no switch, aint arrived yet so can't look at the back of it and is it attached to the main loom.

Can't find it anywhere,is it loose or connected to something else.

post-52758-0-53687600-1419954523_thumb.j

post-52758-0-21503900-1419954536_thumb.j

post-52758-0-10510600-1419954554_thumb.j

Sometimes spare plugs etc are either taped to the rest of the loom or they are clipped into pieces of trim in the area where the switch would be, usually they dont come to far away from the main loom.

Airbag wiring used to be all yellow so it stood out, not sure if these switch cables would be too.

Was the passenger airbag an option? Does your car have it? Seems odd not to have the switch if the passenger airbag is fitted.

Sometimes spare plugs etc are either taped to the rest of the loom or they are clipped into pieces of trim in the area where the switch would be, usually they dont come to far away from the main loom.

Airbag wiring used to be all yellow so it stood out, not sure if these switch cables would be too.

Was the passenger airbag an option? Does your car have it? Seems odd not to have the switch if the passenger airbag is fitted.

I had the car second hand from ford.

I did think this,done the switch/light one on the heater surround and found the wire and when fitted

the airbag light comes on,on the dash because not paired up and ESP works fine.

I have looked all under there.

The switch was never installed as default even though the airbag always was. Weird I know.

The plug has to be nearer the third picture because, on mine, there was little play in the length of it to reach the switch. Am sure it was taped around a main loom there. Try some more pics of that area.

The switch was never installed as default even though the airbag always was. Weird I know.

The plug has to be nearer the third picture because, on mine, there was little play in the length of it to reach the switch. Am sure it was taped around a main loom there. Try some more pics of that area.

I will have a look tomorrow and see what other pics i can get of the side you said but i can't see any loose wire.

Was it yellow so i have a better start.

Can't remember the colour and it wasn't loose

The thing is i can't see any wires around that area at all and if i start pulling stuff thing will happen.

Like pulling wire off something,has it 100% got to be there,must have one.

Is this the little swine hidden away.

post-52758-0-60738900-1420031276_thumb.j

Could be, you'll need to check when you get the switch. When I get home I'll hve a look in mine and see if it's the same colour shape.

That looks like it :)

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

LOL what a dam place to put it,waiting for switch now then put them both in and up ford.

I hope it is it.

Had switch come today,dam wire tight and just fits and it is the right one.

Booked it next week to activate it by ford £45.

Never knew you have to ring up insurance and tell them you can turn airbag off and most ford places

you have to sign a a form saying you have told them to acivate it,told insurance about ESP switch as well.

edit

They rang me back saying all fine,i asked if i didn't say anything what would happen,claim thrown out

if its not stated on policy as most cars come with it not fitted (pass airbag on/off).and ESP is only fitted on

some models too like not on mine but on ST/ZETEC S etc.as standard,if added you have to inform them.

Weird.

• 6 years later...

Jace1969, old topic but came across it and I thought I'd try my luck. 

Did you get this sorted aventually? 

I've got the switch fitted in the glove box, but now puzzled about ON/OFF light. Did you fit one in?

I'm struggling to find which one is needed and how to fit it. 

If I search the web, I only come across the ones which go instead of the " secret door " right under radio control unit, but I can't see any wiring or plug there to connect it. 

The car I have is Fiesta MK7 Titanium 2011 ( pre-facelift) 

Thanks in advance 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club