Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Lane Hoggers

supercmaxer

I do a lot of traveling twice a month and mostly use the M25, nice smooth Tarmac 4 lanes of free flowing traffic BUT why the hell do drivers think it's ALL ok to sit in lane 2 and 3!!!!

Winds me up like to the max.

What is it with not using lane 1!!! It's not going to gobble you up, you aren't aren't any different to any one else that does actually use it and what's more annoying is they haven't a clue wih what's going on around them.

Last night the amount of drivers hogging 2 and 3 lanes either on the phone on loud speaker, texting or can't even see out the front window becuase the car they are driving is so dame big that they can't even see out the mirrors., and when you over take them you look at them, they look at you as if to say "yeah what". Yeah what!!! Get the hell over oh and if it's annoyong sitting in lanes 2 and 3 they are also doing 60mph even less. WHY????

Rant over. Lol.

• Like 1

I don't get it either, even with the change in legislation making it clearer they shouldn't do this.

I have often found on motorways I have to change from lane 1 to lane 4, just to overtake a lane hogger in lane 3, ridiculous.

I make a point of quickly switching back to lane 1 afterwards where possible. :lol:

• Like 1

Yes me too, I give a flash as to say move over, I flashed one last night and they knew I flashed them you could tell what she said" just been flashed" yes love move the hell over.

I encountered many many idiotic lane hoggers on my 4 hour drive last night, think it was on the m25 i encountered someone hogging the second lane, leaving the inside lane completely empty.

Behind them also in the second lane was another idiot, going a couple miles slower, I was in the third lane about to over take when the idiot behind the idiot infront decided to (without signalling I might add) pull out into the third lane right in front of me, seemingly to also overtake, except they just sat there. Still doing a few miles slower than the car they was apparently overtaking, so now there is an idiot hogging the second lane and an even bigger idiot hogging the third lane. Again the whole time leaving the inside lane completely empty. I had to slam my brakes on and proceeded to flash the complete and utter moron yet they still wouldn't move over and still wouldn't over take the other car.

I got fed up and went round in the fast lane, may have gave them the finger as I passed them. They then had the nerve to pull into the fast lane behind me and flash me, before pulling back into the third lane and again sit there a few yards behind the car in the second lane.

Who are these idiots?

What time was you on the m25? Lol. Sounds like I may have encountered those moorans.

Think I got on it between 18:00 and 19:00, would of been on there a while. Was driving from Kent to Nottingham

I get the impression drivers think lane 1 is strictly for slow moving vehicles only, which ofcourse is untrue.

Problem is, motorway driving has never been part of a test so it can't be an easy job trying educate people on the proper use of them.

That, or they just don't like being overtaken! lol

About 6 sounds about right, I was traveling Cambridge to portsmouth. Maybe we encountered the same !Removed! drivers lol

most likely. did you clock what cars they was?

didnt see a black mondeo tit x sport did you?

I get the impression drivers think lane 1 is strictly for slow moving vehicles only, which ofcourse is untrue.

Problem is, motorway driving has never been part of a test so it can't be an easy job trying educate people on the proper use of them.

That, or they just don't like being overtaken! lol

meant to mention that the car in lane 2 was doing no more than 65 and the car in lane 3 was doing no more than 63

again lane 1 completely clear and no cars in lane 1 in sight for a good few miles

Various cars, one was a vauxhall Zafaria , merc, peugeot, BMW, Kia 4x4

No don't think I did but did see a car go from 2,4 then 1 was that you? Lol.

Various cars, one was a vauxhall Zafaria , merc, peugeot, BMW, Kia 4x4

No don't think I did but did see a car go from 2,4 then 1 was that you? Lol.

Did you see a black c max with door ford decal down the sides?

I don't get it either, even with the change in legislation making it clearer they shouldn't do this.

I have often found on motorways I have to change from lane 1 to lane 4, just to overtake a lane hogger in lane 3, ridiculous.

I make a point of quickly switching back to lane 1 afterwards where possible. :lol:

I often undertake them to make a point, only if there's space to move if they decide to drift back into my lane.

I'll be honest here, when I get a car up my backside on the motorway flashing his/her lights at me to move over that's the very last thing I'd do

I'll give you an example of when it happened recently on the m4 Wales

I was in lane 3 overtaking, just finished and about the move over when a bmw flew up behind me headlights flashing getting right up my ar$e, so I stayed put, even when lane 2 cleared, after he'd been forced to back off and drive sensibly I then moved over, decent etiquette isn't too much to ask for on the roads is it?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 2

Yep, I have them all the time on the likes of the M2 and the M25 when I was there the other day, plodding along at 60 in lane 2, because there was traffic in lane 3 coming up quicker and I was just stuck there because some idiot in lane 3 thought 60 was fine. In the end with this one, I opted for an undertake! Not the best, but I really didnt have the patience to sit there forever. Then about 3 miles down the road, I had it again, 3 open lanes no traffic in any, and idiots where just sitting in lane 3. I think I was fed up at this point, swiftly overtook them, and with a relatively safe distance between us, I through the car from lane 4, straight to lane 1 with the indicator on.

Lets just say for both, it worked. All of a sudden they dove into lane 1!

Yep, I have them all the time on the likes of the M2 and the M25 when I was there the other day, plodding along at 60 in lane 2, because there was traffic in lane 3 coming up quicker and I was just stuck there because some idiot in lane 3 thought 60 was fine. In the end with this one, I opted for an undertake! Not the best, but I really didnt have the patience to sit there forever. Then about 3 miles down the road, I had it again, 3 open lanes no traffic in any, and idiots where just sitting in lane 3. I think I was fed up at this point, swiftly overtook them, and with a relatively safe distance between us, I through the car from lane 4, straight to lane 1 with the indicator on.

Lets just say for both, it worked. All of a sudden they dove into lane 1!

That's what I normally do. I don't cut them up, but once clear enough in front if there is nothing in the other lanes, I'll make one swift move from Lane 4 to Lane 1 to prove a point, lol.

Unfortunately it is mostly dual carriageways around me, so there is no 3rd or 4th Lane to get round hoggers. The A31 is a complete waste of a dual carriageway, everyone sits in Lane 2.

I'll be honest here, when I get a car up my backside on the motorway flashing his/her lights at me to move over that's the very last thing I'd do

I'll give you an example of when it happened recently on the m4 Wales

I was in lane 3 overtaking, just finished and about the move over when a bmw flew up behind me headlights flashing getting right up my ar$e, so I stayed put, even when lane 2 cleared, after he'd been forced to back off and drive sensibly I then moved over, decent etiquette isn't too much to ask for on the roads is it?

A similar thing happened to me once and I just moved over slowly after getting far enough in front of the car I was overtaking, and it led to Mr BMW brake checking me quite severely, before turning off at the junction which was just after the point where he overtook. Makes me wonder why he wanted to do about 90 in the fast lane while preparing to turn off, but needless to say I won't be getting in the way of anyone like that again.

It does make you wonder what their mind set is when they leave in the morning!

Yesterday driving up the m40 I was overtaking a Bedford van with tail lift and although I had the speed to over take it ( the van I was in limited to 72) I was in lane 3 as the van was in lane 2 with nothing in lane 1, all of a sudden a car sat on my back door trying to look around the van as to see what the hold up was, now the van to my left decided to go a bit faster however couldn't over take me yet lane one was empty he could see I couldn't go faster and for about half a mile he sat there, had the car on my back door giving it the fingers (!Removed!) finally the other van decided to move over then I did the car then over took me giving it the fingers, hand jestures (knob)!!! Just thought mate it's 70.. It would have been a different story if I had sat there in my car doing 70, he certainly wouldn't have got very far

The problem we have in this country and I'm sure in others people are rushing and there is no need to go and kill yourself and others around you and you always catch up the car that just did 100 passed you as the next junction, you look at them and nod. Then point out that the car is equipted with a camera LOL.

I think the problem is they are told that the inside lane is the slow lane. Where does this comes from? I don't know but 3 learners have all told me that this is the slow lane why are you in it? I was doing 73mph by the way.

I also undertake when I can see all is good. The other night someone in the ctr lane flashed and played his horn and fingered it. It was dark so could see my lights so WTF.

By the way I have noticed more centre lane hoggers down south and believe it or not the most polite are Liverpool area's and no I am not a Liverpudlian although from Lancashire and 67yrs old.

I got told slow lane it's not. Lane 1 is the driving lane, lane 2 is the overtaking lane and lane 3 is for the overtake of faster vehicles who aren't hotting the speed limit.

I can second that. Yes they, also white van drivers on their mobile mainly, when you look at them tey look at you as of to say what??? Get of your phone, If I do see a van driver or any other commercial driver on the road not paying attention I always phone their office up and complain.

Drivers can flash all they like at me from the rear I have auto dim mirror and black tint rear window so it doesn't make any difference lol.

Bmw,s, Mercs, audis are also the culprits here., the rule is if you aren't over taking use the inside!!

Agreed, if I see phone use or smoking in the car or things like that I report it. Got one guy binned because he had been warned and thought he was going to get away with it.

Otherwise I provide footage to th e police to see if they are interested in talking to them.

Why would anyone do stupid things when they have company name plastered down the vans or lorries lol.

If there were enough policing on our motorways drivers like them would be off the road and wouldn't do it again.

Sadly though The police are stuck. On a plus side the use of dashcam can at least increase the chance where police are not present, the offender may still be brought to reprimand.

Which is one of the reasons why I got a dash cam.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club