Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken Driver Seat... Suggestions!!?

Rippers

I ordered my new fiesta Zetec-s in may this year and i have been told that it should be availible on the 5th september... so i now need to sell my Mk5 fiesta black.. however... me and my girlfriend broke my drivers seat... ;).... and its damn annoying. every time i lean the back of the seat forward to access the rear seats. the bottom of the seat pops up and leans towards the steering wheel.

i was thinking of using some chemical metal and seeing if that will lock the bottom down long enuf for me to do a demonstration to the new owner... i just need it to last till i got the money from them lol!!

i tried cable tying it down but that just ripped a spring holding the leather to the seat :( which isnt good... so its like 2 bolts at the end of 2 brakets.. and on the bottom of the seat is a plate of metal but looks like its been ripped or torn..

any sugggestions welcome..?!

You broke your seat - either have it fixed properly or tell the potential buyer that it's broken and expect to take some money off your asking price.

Fixing it for 'long enough to get their money' is shameful.

An unsecure seat would fail an mot and is definetly not safe. how would you like to buy a car with a broken seat that the owner has just covered up to get your money? i know i would be pretty p1ssed off.

I ordered my new fiesta Zetec-s in may this year and i have been told that it should be availible on the 5th september... so i now need to sell my Mk5 fiesta black.. however... me and my girlfriend broke my drivers seat... ;).... and its damn annoying. every time i lean the back of the seat forward to access the rear seats. the bottom of the seat pops up and leans towards the steering wheel.

i was thinking of using some chemical metal and seeing if that will lock the bottom down long enuf for me to do a demonstration to the new owner... i just need it to last till i got the money from them lol!!

i tried cable tying it down but that just ripped a spring holding the leather to the seat :( which isnt good... so its like 2 bolts at the end of 2 brakets.. and on the bottom of the seat is a plate of metal but looks like its been ripped or torn..

any sugggestions welcome..?!

i`ll give you 50 quid for it !

Seriously though, take the whole seat out, its only about 4 bolts and get it welded. Its a small job and woudnt cost much.

Thats dangerous and stupid.

You broke the seat, either get it fixed or tell the new owner.

its completley safe... its all bolted down securly just if u move the back of the seat forward then it pops up.... its passed its MOT in december like it so it must be safe!! also i thought about welding it.. however ive only done a week of oxy acetalyne training and all i did all week was blow holes in metal :) .... ii used the araldite metal filler on it this afternoon and has fixed it completely its done the job.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club