Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mpg

matty1990

Hi All

I'm new to this forum so please bare with me lol. I purchased my new focus yesterday 2010 1.6 zetec. It may be because its new to me but the range showing on my dash seems to go down a lot quicker then the miles turn over. When i topped up the fuel yesterday i had 5 miles of range after putting £25 in at £1.069 per litre i then had 188 miles of range. I set the mile counter to zero. So after doing only 38.9 miles i sm down to 135 miles this meaning i have lost about 14 miles of fange. Has any one else had this problem? Thanks in advance for any replys ☺️

Hi there, I would stay that's normal as the car might be reading your mpg.

does the range change with Higher MPG or Lower MPG

sorry, if you drive with low MPG Does the Range go down, or if you drive with High MPG does the range go up.

if I drive my Mercedes sprinter hard the range goes down loads but then if i drive nice the range goes up again as it works it out on the MPG. I believe anyway.

Oh i get it now. No if i drive faster it goes down quick but if i drive steady it goes down normally. Id say driving at a normal pace i loose about 2 - 3 miles of range for every mile i drive

That's a bit weird. I would just fill the car all the way up to the Max, then count the miles on the trip do that for two/three tanks then see the average Miles/tank then you can compare to average mile/tank to the range trip.

if the cars not doing bad MPG and not leaking fuel i wouldn't worry about it.

• Like 1

Basically the cats ecu is adjusted to the previous driver. The car works on 3 parameters to determine fuel consumption. 1) driver input - how hard you kick the gas

2) operating conditions - from fuel, to temperature to tyre inflation and

3) long term average and driveability.

Basically the latter is how your car has learned how the owner likes to handle it, for example if they have driven it like a boy racer then you come along with grandads foot then it has to adjust and vice versa.

Disconnect the battery for half an hour. Reconnect, fill up and drive it as you plan to do so. If you drive it economically the car will adjust and you will get more miles per tank. Drive it like a closed circuit and your mpg and range will go down as far as your foot in the carpet.

• Like 1

I hope you do not mind me adding to that.

Made shore you have the radio code, as you will have to re-enter it.

Don't mind at all... I should have included that!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club