Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats Different About The Zetec S

PHILIP1193

Safety feature designed to keep your hands on the steering wheel & eyes on the road.

The ability to change steering mode is dependent on the engine.

It's for the 1.8 petrol and up and I believe all diesels have the option.

The system has a hydraulic steering pump augmented by an electric motor. The amount of extra assistance you get from the electric motor depends on the mode (and speed - faster you go, the less help it gives you).

Comfort = maximum assistance for lightest steering

Normal = electric steering at 50%

Sport = no electric assistance - gives most feedback through the wheel.

The electric steering can feel a little numb.

Personally, I run it in Sport. The steering isn't that heavy (and I'm a fairly big bloke who can cope lol). I like the feel of knowing I'm connected to the front wheels. Used to have a Mk2 Punto with electric steering and wasn't overly keen on it.

• Like 3

The ability to change steering mode is dependent on the engine.

It's for the 1.8 petrol and up and I believe all diesels have the option.

The system has a hydraulic steering pump augmented by an electric motor. The amount of extra assistance you get from the electric motor depends on the mode (and speed - faster you go, the less help it gives you).

Comfort = maximum assistance for lightest steering

Normal = electric steering at 50%

Sport = no electric assistance - gives most feedback through the wheel.

The electric steering can feel a little numb.

Personally, I run it in Sport. The steering isn't that heavy (and I'm a fairly big bloke who can cope lol). I like the feel of knowing I'm connected to the front wheels. Used to have a Mk2 Punto with electric steering and wasn't overly keen on it.

Thanks bud, very informative :)

I'm not sure if the other engines are set up with hydraulic or electric steering though?

1.4 and 1.6 including ti vct just simple hydraulic steering drove one with the electric hydro steering and didn't like it in any other mode but sport just no feel to it very vague

I keep mine on sport too, heavier when parking but reduces twitchiness on motorways.

As previously posted- sport mode feels more precise and far better feedback especially on slippery roads.

Ford actually recommend the sport setting in winter.

• Like 1

Just put mine in sport mode and don't notice too much difference to be honest, but I guess when I get to country lanes I'll find out.

What's the focus sport like for handling? As in can you plant it into corners and it'll hold pretty well?

Just put mine in sport mode and don't notice too much difference to be honest, but I guess when I get to country lanes I'll find out.

What's the focus sport like for handling? As in can you plant it into corners and it'll hold pretty well?

the "sport" is less cosmetics than the zetec

all the "sport" adds is alloy wheels from the LX

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club