Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eco Driving Survey - University Project

gpaterson92

Not sure if this is the right place, or if there is a right place, to put this. Sorry if I'm in the wrong here...

I am currently developing a mobile application for monitoring motoring costs and as part of my final year University dissertation and I would like to invite you to answer some quick survey questions.

The application uses the On Board Diagnostics of a car to send signals via bluetooth to an Android device for monitoring economical driving.

I will save you all the boredom of what it does and how it works but to give you a rough idea here is a quick clip of some of the features...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llP-7-2nngg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIP-7-2nngg&spfreload=10%20Message%3A%20JSON%20Parse%20error%3A%20Unexpected%20EOF%20

Anyway as part of the project I need to write a report that has a section on problem analysis, hence my quick survey.

I would greatly appreciate if any of you could take 5 minutes to answer some questions on your driving.

Any feedback is also greatly appreciated.

Survey is here... https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2LBPDWD

Thanks in advanced :)

Ok I'm doing a degree in Computer Science, but for the life of me I can't get the embedding code to work for the youtube video. Anyone help a brother out?

Survey completed.

Good luck. :)

Thanks Man :)

Also completed the survey but just pressed next on the personal details page so not sure if will have registered

Thanks guys! :) Ford_Man it should have, those questions are optional :)

Completed the survey, looks like a good project :). I haven't watched the video but will later. Does it explain how the app communicates with the car, is it through an OBD device?

Completed the survey, looks like a good project :). I haven't watched the video but will later. Does it explain how the app communicates with the car, is it through an OBD device?

Cheers bro! Nah the video is just a quick demo of what the app can do but yes it communicates via a bluetooth OBD-ii device.

wifi-elm327-wireless-obd2-auto-scanner-a

did the survey apart from name, email and phone number.

Done... You will lknow me when you see the list of phones lol

Signed up and downloaded! Do you need logs transferring to a server or what do you need from the app?

Jeebowhite if you could use the Google forum for any general feedback that would be great! Also any screenshots etc. Experimenting with the Car Details "EcoScores" would also be helpful. These values are used to decide on your Score. They are updated automatically by the system every time you save a trip but I need to decide on starting values or come up with a way of calibrating them. Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club