Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Banging Noise When Breaking

emilywrightt1

Hello, I have a 2005 fiesta 1.25. About 2 weeks ago both front springs snaped I got them replaced but evever since when I brake at low speeds its making a banging sound, the sound slows down when the car comes to a stop, like thw sound is going roumd with each tyer turn, it seems to be getting worse like making the sound at any speed now and today it seemed to make the noise when I pulled away, im getting it looked at in the next couple days but does anyone know what it cold be, ive had the brake pads changed last month its defo not them also not a bearing I cant feel anything through the pedal and it doesnt seem to make the noise in reverse I also have after market alloy wheels. Cheers

Could there be a problem with your brake disc maybe at the rear of one of them?? As you said sounds like going round with the wheel, what kind of banging noise is it can you hear where it's from or feel it on the brake pedal maybe?

Saul

Hello sorry for late reply, but quite stupid i guess, the garage that done my springs diddnt put my wheel on tight enough!! What a stupid mistake, fortunately my dad looked at it before i took it back to the garage both springs replaced on the front was cheap £180 for both but what a joke, at least it dosnt cost haha

Wow, don't think I could be so laid back about it! What if you were doing motorway speeds or had passengers/kids in the car and the wheel came off? Could have killed someone.

Get back to the garage and give them both barrels, of course they'll deny it, but they need to know how incompetent one of their mechanics is.

Glad you found the cause though before it went pear shaped.

Yes, i took the car straight to 70-80 mph to aee if the steering wheel would vibrate as it always would, sorry if i sound so stuid its my first car amd im 20 only haha😂

Yes, i took the car straight to 70-80 mph to aee if the steering wheel would vibrate as it always would, it did even more so, every thing is fine now tho mo vibationa,my dad went to have a look at the brake pads and seen the brake pad clip was abit loose, i went to dord garage to buy a new one only cpating £3 amd when my dad went to undo the tyers thata when he reliaed, i showd him the sound before amd he thought it could be the bearing but turend out to be the garage not tightening my wheel nuts!!

Sorry about spelling my phone screen is smashed

Jesus so your wheels could've come off at any speed :( I'd !Removed! do them for that! Is it fixed now? You alright?

Saul

One wheel 4 wheel nuts where loose

Im fine haha thanks ive been told a few horror stories npw after mentioning this to people, especialy quick fit lom

• Like 1

Im fine haha thanks ive been told a few horror stories npw after mentioning this to people, especialy quick fit lom

Aww glad didn't turn out bad, yeah could've been so much worse!

Should look into suing the idiots, it's why I do my own mechanic work that why I know it's done :(

Saul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club