Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Direct Delay...!

BJE

Hi All,

Soon to be a new ford owner.... That doesn't mean that I haven't had my fair share in the past!

I have ordered a Kuga Titanium X Sport (Frozen white with Black leather.) from Ford Direct via my local dealership.

The dealership stated 10 days for the car to arrive. That was on the 1st of the month, its now the 15th and the dealership says there is still no word on when the car will arrive....!

Does anyone have any experience with ordering from Ford Direct? How long does it take to drive a car from the factory?!?!

Thanks.

BJE

I have bought a couple of ex-ford direct cars in the past & it took more than the 10 days for them to send the car to the dealership I was buying it through. Just keep badgering the dealership to chase them up.

Thanks.... Can you remember roughly how long it took?

Typical, the dealer said ten days, but promised it would be sooner... Suprise suprise it wasnt...

The 1st car took 3 weeks but the 2nd car (my current car) it took 2 weeks. It is crazy because my dad recently bought a car from TrustFord in Bradford & they drove the car down to Potters Bar, Hertfordshire 2 days after we put the deposit on it & he drove it away 30 minutes later.

Crazy.... Ive chased the dealer nearly everyday and everyday they say "Tomorrow, it will be here tomorrow."

Was suposed to pick it up today, and guess what... Its going to be tomorrow now... Sigh!

Crazy.... Ive chased the dealer nearly everyday and everyday they say "Tomorrow, it will be here tomorrow."

Was suposed to pick it up today, and guess what... Its going to be tomorrow now... Sigh!

I had this when I ordered the 1st car. It really is a case of pester them but they are at the mercy of the person at the transportation section who decides which car gets transported on which truck & on what day.

We ordered this fiesta (albeit brand new) from our local dealership back in early March and was promised it before the end of April, we picked it up on Saturday (3weeks late). The car was built and parked outside the factory in Germany within a fortnight so it pretty much took 2 months to be shipped from there to Essex! The dealership kept saying it's on it's way and it's nearly here. Was pretty frustrating but they seem to be at the mercy of the logistics side of the company as much as the customer!!

Seems to be a common theme... I finally picked mine up on Friday, 2 weeks later than promised... But like you, the dealership just kept saying it was on the way, when clearly it wasnt...

It was !Removed! annoying, but the car was worth waiting for! And we did get a bit of money knocked off the mountune for it being late, kinda gave them a bit of a prodding that seen as how we had been pretty patient with them they could at least give us a little something in return!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club