Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loss of POWER

sssnakeuk2001

My Ford Fusion 1.6 petrol has a problem.

I bought the car from the market and after i got it home the battery went flat. i jumped the car and it was ok. But this happened a few times with a lack of power every time you started to drive. When you try to accelerate you get flat spots where the car starts to dwindle.

I replaced the battery and the problem is still there. Except now the engine management light is coming on. It is flashing 3 or 4 times when the flat spot occurs.

I spoke to a bloke yest and he suggested i had a problem with the throttle casing (i am not sure what this is) as the same thing happened to his Ford Focus. He said once his was replaced the problem went away.

Has this ever been a problem for anyone or can anyone suggest what it may be.

My car is a 53 plate with 67000 on the clock.

Really need some help

Stephen

Yes Stephen, I had this problem with a Focus Tddi I had back in 2000, the cure in the end was a new throttle position sensor as I remember....quite a common but extremly frustrating problem...I have also heard of the throttle housings suffering hairline cracks which can also cause the same symptoms.....It may just be possible, if you're very lucky, to remove and clean the sensor and then try it...it worked for me a few times.

:rolleyes: worth a try anyhow...good luck with it anyway.

My Ford Fusion 1.6 petrol has a problem.

I bought the car from the market and after i got it home the battery went flat. i jumped the car and it was ok. But this happened a few times with a lack of power every time you started to drive. When you try to accelerate you get flat spots where the car starts to dwindle.

I replaced the battery and the problem is still there. Except now the engine management light is coming on. It is flashing 3 or 4 times when the flat spot occurs.

I spoke to a bloke yest and he suggested i had a problem with the throttle casing (i am not sure what this is) as the same thing happened to his Ford Focus. He said once his was replaced the problem went away.

Has this ever been a problem for anyone or can anyone suggest what it may be.

My car is a 53 plate with 67000 on the clock.

Really need some help

Stephen