Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

Thanks 4 that Dan.

Will Purple Haze give a slight purple tone to the fairly dark blue of the Ocean Blue finish? I know the Dodo info says purple is for dark colours so it was a choice between Blue Velvet and Purple.

I guess Purple Haze on your frozen white would have more of an overall effect.

Whats the difference between P Haze and the pro version? Apart from the £15 price!

Cheers

purple haze pro has sealent ingrediants in it making it better for winter.

its also slighty softer.

ive got dodo juice purple haze, my mum's KA sport is navy in colour (non metallic) like blazer blue I guess. will it be ok to use on that?

Any Dodo wax on any car is fine - the different colour chargings create different effects on different colours. Purple Haze on blazer blue is what the wax is actually designed - a dark colour, so it will look great.

I like to be able to see the wax better as I apply, which is why I use Purple Haze on white - I have trouble getting even layers with Light Fantastic for example, which is one of Dodo's light waxes - simply because I can't see it.

I think I may do a sticky thread on some wax/detailing basics, would that go down well?

I think I may do a sticky thread on some wax/detailing basics, would that go down well?

Sounds like a great idea.

Any Dodo wax on any car is fine - the different colour chargings create different effects on different colours. Purple Haze on blazer blue is what the wax is actually designed - a dark colour, so it will look great.

I like to be able to see the wax better as I apply, which is why I use Purple Haze on white - I have trouble getting even layers with Light Fantastic for example, which is one of Dodo's light waxes - simply because I can't see it.

Definately, Dan!! I'm doing my first detail tomorrow so any basics would be great :D

you want to:

wash 2 buckets

dry

clay - bilt hamber soft auto clay

wash

dry

lime prime if you feel like it but you don't have to

wax

leave for 3ish hours

wipe with microfibre before next layer of wax

and so on and so on

Right, so I need to buy some clay, how do you use the clay? I don't have to put it on the whole car do I? Is this all the prep work I need to do and do I de-tar before the first wash?

What will Purple Haze Pro do to my white colour?

I have some dirt marks left on the towel after washing, from touching the driveway, how can I get rid of them?

And lastly, I think I may be able to get 2 wax coats on if I'm lucky giving the current daylight we get. Is that enough for 3 months? Also does anyone wax the sills?

Right, so I need to buy some clay, how do you use the clay? I don't have to put it on the whole car do I? Is this all the prep work I need to do and do I de-tar before the first wash?

What will Purple Haze Pro do to my white colour?

I have some dirt marks left on the towel after washing, from touching the driveway, how can I get rid of them?

And lastly, I think I may be able to get 2 wax coats on if I'm lucky giving the current daylight we get. Is that enough for 3 months? Also does anyone wax the sills?

See the new thread I've just done for help with clay. You may not need to clay the whole car, depends how much shows up.

Prep is important, you could do with a paint cleanser on the car prior to the wax - such as Dodo Lime Prime.

Purple Haze will make your white look white and sparkly, trust me - it's not going to turn the car purple but it's a hell of a lot easier to see than say Light Fantastic!

I don't wax my sills - They're the only part of the car I seal, using Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection. Dirt just runs off - they get mucky to quickly!!

Drying towel on the drive? Look after it better if you want it to last and stay absorbent. Washing any hotter than 40 degrees is asking for trouble if you ask me.

Two coats of wax is a good start - maybe add layer three at the next wash.

See the new thread I've just done for help with clay. You may not need to clay the whole car, depends how much shows up.

Prep is important, you could do with a paint cleanser on the car prior to the wax - such as Dodo Lime Prime.

Purple Haze will make your white look white and sparkly, trust me - it's not going to turn the car purple but it's a hell of a lot easier to see than say Light Fantastic!

I don't wax my sills - They're the only part of the car I seal, using Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection. Dirt just runs off - they get mucky to quickly!!

Drying towel on the drive? Look after it better if you want it to last and stay absorbent. Washing any hotter than 40 degrees is asking for trouble if you ask me.

Two coats of wax is a good start - maybe add layer three at the next wash.

Thanks Dan! I am trying to be lazy here lol, your making it sound like lots of work haha. I shall have to buy some goodies as I have a 3 day weekend at the month, no doubt it'll rain :rolleyes: hehe. Anyway, I think I shall go for this Purple Haze Pro then if I get nice sparkly white! And have you got a link to your clay thread?

Thanks Dan! I am trying to be lazy here lol, your making it sound like lots of work haha. I shall have to buy some goodies as I have a 3 day weekend at the month, no doubt it'll rain :rolleyes: hehe. Anyway, I think I shall go for this Purple Haze Pro then if I get nice sparkly white! And have you got a link to your clay thread?

Its in the detailing section on the main page

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=8406

So, did my first detail today and was most inpressed with all of the kit I have bought. (BTBM, DD Hard Candy, Bilberry and a hell of a lot of MF stuff)

Before:

IMG_3065.jpg

After:

IMG_3068.jpg

IMG_3070.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg

Nice job Alex - I told you grey would give great reflections!

The windows however, do not count :lol:

Thanks, Dan :D That guide of yours came in handy today!

I know the windows don't count :P I am however pleased with the refs of the house on the roof!! I am seriously impressed with this detailing lark ;)

I detailed mine as well, took a bit of time though

before:

P1030187.jpg

P1030186.jpg

after:

P1030237.jpg

P1030239.jpg

good job?

I detailed mine as well, took a bit of time though

before:

P1030187.jpg

P1030186.jpg

after:

P1030237.jpg

P1030239.jpg

good job?

:lol: :lol:

How long since that was last washed :lol:

:lol: :lol:

How long since that was last washed :lol:

2 weeks :)

Looks like you've driven it through a swamp :D Filthy!!!

The before shots looked good though :)

dear boy i live in the countryside don't you know!

Indeed you do!! Last time I checked, however, there were roads, not mud tracks in the countryside :lol: Dan shall be most pleased by your efforts!!!

Indeed you do!! Last time I checked, however, there were roads, not mud tracks in the countryside :lol: Dan shall be most pleased by your efforts!!!

but the quickest way to school is what might as well be a field!

I swear all the mud in your area does it on this purpose...

This car is s$*t, so we'll make it the right colour...

I swear all the mud in your area does it on this purpose...

This car is s$*t, so we'll make it the right colour...

woah!

come on chatzy, we're actually chatting!

heres a question for you experts, im getting a black zetec s in the next few weeks, i have Meguiars gold class and megs nxt left over from my last car, but this was silver, do i need anything special to put on the black car, i dont really want anything thats too fussy, just sumthing that you maybe wipe on and buff off or spray on?

any advice appreciated

Gold Class and NXT what? There are some good products in both ranges, but what are we talking about exactly?

It sounds like you're after a protection product/shine enhancer - so I'd have to say that if you don't want to stretch to a hard or soft wax which take a bit more application, the I suggest Duragloss Aquawax. If you use I4D, don't forget the forum discount code!

the nxt tech wax, gold class shampoo and conditioner, cold class tar and bug remover, autoglym fast glass and wheel cleaner.

megs lambs wool mitt. megs drying towel.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club