Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

If you don't have an all purpose cleaner - such as Megs' - then your best bet is - shock horror - Fairy Liquid. Just make sure you thoroughly rinse your buckets afterwards and get it all out of your wash mitts.

Claying will remove tar, but tardis is great stuff and I'm susprised it's not shifting it - could the spots be stone chips?

I hope they aren't stone chips :o they are just little black spots all up the rear quarter panels, perhaps I'm not using the Tardis correctly? And I think I would prefer to use some Megs cleaner rather then the Tesco's washing up liquid!!!! lol. What Megs cleaner is it I need? What's the best clay to use?

I think I just need to aim to get it waxed as there just isn't enough dry hours or light hours at present to do the full procedure lol. Perhaps i should buy a car cover so at least I can do it over 2 or 3 day's?

Megs All Purpose Cleaner - it has a million uses so it's a great value product. I use it inside as an upholstery cleaner and for getting into details outside during a prewash.

If you make up a strong solution (say 1:4) it will strip wax - I use it in the foam lance but I see no reason why you can't use it for a bucket wash.

Getting the winter details in between the light and the rain is hard - that's why you really want all this done by late September at the latest. Next year - start earlier and everything will last over the winter.

Flic - don't wax every time, although if you only have one layer on you might want to put another on at the next wash. Your AG High Def will last around 3 months - more if you top it up with an Aquawax or Red Mist.

whats the diff between the dodo sour power and born to be mild?? xmas is coming and wife wants a list lol

Megs All Purpose Cleaner - it has a million uses so it's a great value product. I use it inside as an upholstery cleaner and for getting into details outside during a prewash.

If you make up a strong solution (say 1:4) it will strip wax - I use it in the foam lance but I see no reason why you can't use it for a bucket wash.

Getting the winter details in between the light and the rain is hard - that's why you really want all this done by late September at the latest. Next year - start earlier and everything will last over the winter.

is this the stuff?

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Megu..._Cleaner_2.html

I have one more weekend off before Christmas, it's going to rain tomorrow so don't think I can do it then. If not then I may do it over Christmas providing we don't have a white one or it rains!

is this the stuff?

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Megu..._Cleaner_2.html

I have one more weekend off before Christmas, it's going to rain tomorrow so don't think I can do it then. If not then I may do it over Christmas providing we don't have a white one or it rains!

Certainly is - get one of i4D's own spray bottle, they're just as good as the Megs ones and don't have the labels on, so you can swap products round and label them yourself. I think they're also cheaper.

Just ordered my first christmas present from my parents :D After having said I would like some detailing stuff, they gave me their credit card and said you can spend £35 on I4D :D :D

I went for some red mist, triple pack of I4D ultra plush MFs, and dodo supernatural waffle weave window MF... I can't use them til christmas but hey! It's rather nice of them to let me order them so early!!

Just ordered my first christmas present from my parents :D After having said I would like some detailing stuff, they gave me their credit card and said you can spend £35 on I4D :D :D

I went for some red mist, triple pack of I4D ultra plush MFs, and dodo supernatural waffle weave window MF... I can't use them til christmas but hey! It's rather nice of them to let me order them so early!!

I hope you used the discount code...

All good stuff. I'll be interested how you get on with Red Mist, it should go well with your Hard Candy.

I hope you used the discount code...

All good stuff. I'll be interested how you get on with Red Mist, it should go well with your Hard Candy.

Absolutely! Saved £1.81 courtesy of the FOC :)

I shall be useing it between crimbo and new year... should be good! I will take photos, of course!

I finally used your wax dan, i like!

i didn't use the red mist, i'll save that for the fiesta and see if its worth getting any more.

the wheel stuff you sent me won't get any action for ages, i'm upset!

Done a really quick jobby on him. AG HD wax is wicked, sooo shiny!! And silky smooth :) It kept clouding over and threatening rain so I probably could have left it on a bit longer, but I didn't want to risk it raining on me with wax still on the car. At least it's got one nice coat on it. Very pleased! Inside was so muddy too as I had 3 people on the back with muddy shoes on on Friday :( not impressed with the mess 2 of the girls left behind... ignorant whatsits! I'm going to check tyres pressures now as I've only done it once since I've had the car, whoops! But I'm so pleased I FINALLY got to wash him! Yaayy! :D :D :D

How do you check your tyre pressures? I haven't actually done this since I bought the car...

How do you check your tyre pressures? I haven't actually done this since I bought the car...

Inside one of the door panels or fuel cap it will tell you the correct pressure settings for front and rear, depending on how many occupants in the car.

If you go to a petrol station usually you can set the pressure on the machine, then put the hose onto the cap and it will either add air if you are below the setting you entered, or let air out if you're over.

They're in the passenger side door on mine. The recommended pressures for my tyres and my average load (one person, usually :lol: ) is 32 front 26 back... Anyone else recommend a better pressure? I think DanGull may have started a thread on this some time ago, either that or I'm dreaming of Dan making tyre pressure threads :blink:

Edit - I wasn't dreaming afterall, the topic is HERE!

Buy a pressure gauge from Halfords or the like, for around £10. Don't trust the ones at petrol stations, they are notorious for reading wrong.

Can I use the weird thing that comes with the foam sealant to inflate the tyres? What does it do besides squirt creamy, delicious foam into your tyres?

Can I use the weird thing that comes with the foam sealant to inflate the tyres? What does it do besides squirt creamy, delicious foam into your tyres?

NO!!!!

That's for puncture repairs only, a one-time use and basically a 'get you home' or 'get to a tyre shop' type product!!

Actually i'm hoping you are joking, otherwise that's got to be one of the most stupid things i've ever read on the internet LMAO :lol:

As far as tyre pressures go I recommend buying a good quality powered inflator (Michelin make good ones) and keep it in the boot at all times. Also check pressures at least fortnightly if you drive regularly, and always before a long lourney!

Only check pressure and Inflate on stone cold tires that havent been driven on for some hours!

This is even more essential if you have tyres like those on the 17" X-pack wheels, which are low-profile and !Removed! expensive!

under/over inflating tyres will knock literally thousands of miles off of their lifespan and not only that it can be very dangerous to the point of life-threatening...

Need some help please!

Due to collect the new ZS next weekend (frozen white paint, worst time of year to get it - i know ) - and the dealer has had instructions not to valet the car whatsoever. They said it would need to be jetwashed at least, but i insisted they don't.

Then a mate reminded me of the protective wax that cover new cars from the factory - I presumed the dealer might want to remove that using the jetwash, or possibly (shock horror) a steam cleaner??

Question is what can i use to remove it if they don't bother touching it at all?? I have citrus degreaser, foam lance, usual mix of various products, but not sure if any of them will suffice.

I'm sorted for all other products and methods on first and protective winter detail, but i don't want to get a problem at stage one lol - Should i just let the dealer remove it?

Thanks in advance :D

NO!!!!

That's for puncture repairs only, a one-time use and basically a 'get you home' or 'get to a tyre shop' type product!!

Actually i'm hoping you are joking, otherwise that's got to be one of the most stupid things i've ever read on the internet LMAO :lol:

It's black and has a pressure gauge on it. What does it actually do? I can't use it to fix punctures because I've already eaten all the squirty, delicious foam.

It's black and has a pressure gauge on it. What does it actually do? I can't use it to fix punctures because I've already eaten all the squirty, delicious foam.

OOPS, MY BAD - I MIS-READ YOUR POST!! (sorry caps on)

yeah, the "black thing" is indeed a tyre compressor :P

Need some help please!

Due to collect the new ZS next weekend (frozen white paint, worst time of year to get it - i know ) - and the dealer has had instructions not to valet the car whatsoever. They said it would need to be jetwashed at least, but i insisted they don't.

Then a mate reminded me of the protective wax that cover new cars from the factory - I presumed the dealer might want to remove that using the jetwash, or possibly (shock horror) a steam cleaner??

Question is what can i use to remove it if they don't bother touching it at all?? I have citrus degreaser, foam lance, usual mix of various products, but not sure if any of them will suffice.

I'm sorted for all other products and methods on first and protective winter detail, but i don't want to get a problem at stage one lol - Should i just let the dealer remove it?

Thanks in advance :D

As far as I'm aware - Ford don't use transporter wax. My car arrived with various bits of plastic fixed to the body, which I removed myself and was assured that the car had not been touched, no wax in sight.

You should be ok with them jet washing it, it's just their methods of contact washing that you need to keep away from your car!

As far as I'm aware - Ford don't use transporter wax. My car arrived with various bits of plastic fixed to the body, which I removed myself and was assured that the car had not been touched, no wax in sight.

You should be ok with them jet washing it, it's just their methods of contact washing that you need to keep away from your car!

Interesting about the wax, or lack of - what about any glue residue when you removed the plastic film Dan?

OOPS, MY BAD - I MIS-READ YOUR POST!! (sorry caps on)

yeah, the "black thing" is indeed a tyre compressor :P

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

So I just plug it in right? I think I know how to inflate, but how do I release pressure?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

So I just plug it in right? I think I know how to inflate, but how do I release pressure?

Plug it it, make sure you fit the connector securely over the tyre valve, and switch the compressor on (not sure if there is a little lever to flip up or over to 'lock' the compressor connector onto the valve? If so, lock it down when inflating).

When you've reached the desired pressure, flip the locking lever (if there is one) to release the connector and pull it off the valve as quickly as possible to avoid releasing too much pressure (you'll always get a little bit of pressure released but it's nothing to worry about)

If you want to lower the pressure/let air out, just press the centre of the tyre valve with your fingertip or something small (you obviously never used to let car tyres down or mates' BMX tyres for fun when you were a kid then if you needed to ask? :lol:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club