Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

I'm quite happy with the Red Mist - at least it's quick, spray on and buff off. In this weather I need something quick!

thanks guys, i'll give the red mist a go next i think.

Like dan said i have used red mist in the past and its been great but i prefer not to use it in the winter. I use chemical guys QD which is awesome stuff and pretty cheap. If you do use red mist make sure u dont put it on your windscreen as it will cause smearing from the Wiper Blades

for anyone wanting to do their windows this spring i will highly recommend nanolex urban glass sealent. Most test have said that it will last up to 8 months at a time. I will finally do a full write up of my spring detail when i get the change sometime in march

i found poorboys spray & gloss was great on my panther black st500

well this afternoon i took my wheels of and cleaned them with g101 in the inner rim wow that stuff shifts some muck then polised them and then another 3 cotes of poorbouys wheel stuff

This has probably been asked before but i cannot find the answer through the many pages.

As a paint cleaner before waxing and machine polishing, lime prime, or lime prime lite?

This has probably been asked before but i cannot find the answer through the many pages.

As a paint cleaner before waxing and machine polishing, lime prime, or lime prime lite?

I use Lime Prime FOR machine polishing :) (after multiple cleans and clay)

Interesting.

Thanks, will go ahead and buy some to replace my rather crappy Megs paint cleaner

After a two-bucket method clean (often twice), a decent clay clean and another proper clean, the pain should be glass smooth for an orbital polish. I spent the weekend doing my father's 1999 Focus Zetec and I have to say I am gobsmacked at how well it has finished.

Lime prime for machine, lime prime lite for hand. Dont use it every week aswell. If lime prime dries to fast when its warm then add a tiny bit of water to your pad

Do dodo make a window cleaner spray? im after one that you spray on from the bottle, dont want one that you have to mix yourself really

no they don't currently.

the best one iv ever used was nanolex. you have to do a little bit of prep but it stays on the glass for up to 8 months.

can buy it from monzacarcare

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to give my new car it's first wash this weekend. Are any of these products good?

1 x RB Merino Wash Mitt

1 x RB Marvel Waffle Weave Drying Towel (Single towel)

1 x RB Marvel microfibre Buffing Towels (2pk)

1 x Bilt-Hamber Auto-wash 300ml

1 x Bilt-Hamber Auto-clay Regular 200g

1 x Bilt-Hamber Auto-balm 300ml

http://www.carnaubawaxshop.co.uk/shop/viewproduct.php?product_id=94

Dodo Juice Purple Haze

http://www.carnaubawaxshop.co.uk/dodo-juice-purple-haze.html

Do I need anything else? I don't have a hose or pressure washer, would I need one or is a bucket fine?

Does the Bilt-hamber clay come with lube? You need some if not...

Bilt-Hamber is highly rated, I am yet to have a go on any of their products, but looks a good list. Greeny is your man on Bilt-Hamber.

Purple Haze though is my favourite wax ever :lol:

I'm not sure about the lube, it's part of a bundle which you can see in the link. Good to know you approve of the Purple Haze ;)

Bilt Hamber claims you don't need lube, tap water is sufficient.

Bilt Hamber claims you don't need lube, tap water is sufficient.

Agree, I have been looking into this clay as my next purchase. Reviews are indeed good.

correct you can use it with just tap water but i wouldnt recommend it. i normally use a very diluted born slippy mix with mine.

if its the first time u have ever clayed the car then go for the regular if its one that u want to use more often go for the soft.

they are by far the best clays i have used

When i get paid, i finally need to replenish my stocks. This look any good? (excuse the spacings)

Dodo Juice 'Born to be Mild' Shampoo 250ml

I4D Uber Lime Ultra Fine detailing clay

Tropi-care TC-3 'Sunburst' Sealant xP

Tropi-care TC-5 Premium Detail Spray

I4D Uber Blue Drying Towel 24" x 36"

Ford Owners Club Discount

-£1.66

Subtotal £26.24

Shipping (Parcelforce Express 48) £5.95

VAT £5.62

Total £37.81

Never tried out the tropi-care stuff, anyone tried/got any opinions???

Cheers :)

Interesting.

Thanks, will go ahead and buy some to replace my rather crappy Megs paint cleaner

Is it the megs paint cleanser you're on about? i think it's dead good! Never used anything else mind...

Is it the megs paint cleanser you're on about? i think it's dead good! Never used anything else mind...

Yeah, I have used it a few times, used to think it was good but i reckon i could get the surface even better prepared :P

Out of my Megs kit I only really use there shampoo and tyre gel.

When i get paid, i finally need to replenish my stocks. This look any good? (excuse the spacings)

Dodo Juice 'Born to be Mild' Shampoo 250ml

I4D Uber Lime Ultra Fine Detailing Clay

Tropi-care TC-3 'Sunburst' Sealant xP

Tropi-care TC-5 Premium Detail Spray

I4D Uber Blue Drying Towel 24" x 36"

Ford Owners Club Discount

-£1.66

Subtotal £26.24

Shipping (Parcelforce Express 48) £5.95

VAT £5.62

Total £37.81

Never tried out the tropi-care stuff, anyone tried/got any opinions???

Cheers :)

May I recommend some 3M Car Wash Soap. I see I4D are getting it in stock. Great shampoo :D

Cheers :) just had a look at it :)

Born to be mild is soo good and it's lasted me months, dare i be unfaithful?!

If it makes a difference in your decision, 3M smells of cherry but also the container is pretty crappy for pouring as it is veeeery runny and just pours out like water.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club