Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

Nearly has an epic fail yesterday when i did the detail on the ST

Full Wash - clay - SRP - EGP

My mate coes to ask him what ive done and i tell him that and he says what no wax? :/ i thought EGP was the wax? No you need to wax it.

So half hour before im due to go out on town im there doing a formula one style top wax and all was well :P

Btw im not as clued up on autoglym as i am on Meguiars ( racing driver excuses here ) but was all looking sweet.....until it rained for a million hours last night! :P

Dan, your help is much appreciated.

I am going to try

Rinse car with hose -> Wash with dodo juice sour power -> Apply 1 coat of SRP -> Apply 1 coat of EGP -> Apply 1 (maybe 2?) coat(s) of dodo juice Purple Haze -> Wait 24 hours then add 1 coat of dodo juice Red Mist

B)

I've picked up some Zymol shampoo to be a little different (AG was the only thing I've used until now), and I've read good things. It'll be a wash and dry for me, as I have no intention to polish until the back of summer.

I've picked up some Zymol shampoo to be a little different (AG was the only thing I've used until now), and I've read good things. It'll be a wash and dry for me, as I have no intention to polish until the back of summer.

I have experience of the Zymol shampoo and it's pretty good to be honest. Not quite as many suds as you would get from Dodo BTBM for instance but in my opinion better than the AG stuff :D

AG has barely any suds, so I know what to expect! I just want to try something else for a change, but have a feeling that the 3M I want to try next will be the best value for money :)

Zymol is really good value.

3M beats it hands down though :P , just buy a decent container for it as its a nightmare to pour :lol:

Zymol is really good value.

3M beats it hands down though :P , just buy a decent container for it as its a nightmare to pour :lol:

Yeah, will probably be able to decant it into a more useful container :) I spotted some Carplan 'Devil's Shine' or something like that - appeared to be some sort of quick detailer. Anyone know how it stacks up to the big boys? It looked pretty cheap, so wouldn't expect much from it.

Does anyone have any experience with CG Bare Bones or indeed any other arch/springs cleaner/protectant.

Gave the car a quick wash and some AG aqua wax on it to see how it goes. Looks well, but will most definatly be ugly after 140miles of motorway down to milton keyens for the meet =|

Anyway, Few piccys for you

Just a quick one while I was on Fords Test Mode. All the blubs in the dash on.

010520101648.jpg

020520101649.jpg

020520101650.jpg

020520101652.jpg

020520101653.jpg

020520101654.jpg

Gave the car a quick wash and some AG aqua wax on it to see how it goes. Looks well, but will most definatly be ugly after 140miles of motorway down to milton keyens for the meet =|

Take some quick detailer and a few microfibres :)

What would you recomend, I dont think I have any "quick Detailer" though. Il get a list of what I have and you can advise :D

1 2010 Frozen White(unless it rains) Fiesta Zetec S Ti-VCT

2 buckets(no guards though)

A hose (no pressure washer but not too bad)

AG Tar Remover

AG Shampoo/Conditioner

AG Super resin polish

AG Aqua wax

AG HD wax

AG Glass polish/cleaner( Dont remember proper name- not fast glass though)

Megs Washmitt

Megs micro fiber

I have various other Microfibers that came with AG stuff

2 drying towels

Bilbery wheel cleaner

few sponges(dont use em, could be used for wheels?)

What would you recomend, I dont think I have any "quick Detailer" though. Il get a list of what I have and you can advise :D

The Meguiars NXT Speed Detailer would be appropriate - you could grab this from more or less any Halfords.

Have washed my ZS with sour power, dried it, one coat of SRP, one coat of EGP, one coat of purple haze. waiting to put my red mist on now-24 hours to wait

Finished! Done as above and she looks fantastic, also added some tyre dressing too.

LOVE the dodo red mist! So easy to use and great results B)

....got the car a quirk clean to bring up the wax already on it.....end of week....splattered bug heaven all over the front, damn you summer!

And now owning a white car, I never knew bugs had so much blood in them!

I know its terrible. Any one know how to get rid of it because sometimes it looks like theres red bits ingrained in my paintwork that wont come out with a normal wash. I dont have any pre-wash or similar, anything to get rid of them? I ment to show Dan or someone at the meet but forgot tipically...

tar

Jay

The trick with bugs is to have a good level of protection on the car - then they'll shift with shampoo and a wash mitt.

Until you get to that point - removal of bugs is best with a prewash or clay. The available bug sprays are way too harsh for my liking. Remember the last thing you want is excessive pressure with a mitt to shift them, use the right tool for the right job.

I have the good protection and stuff, but even with a fair soaking with shampoo, although ill jet most of the splattering off, the blood or juices, or whatever you would call them, seem to stay behind, and I have to rub pretty hard to get them to lift off.

Yeah Well I dont scrub too hard coz I dont wana cause more harm than good. I want to get a foam lance and jet wash just a metter of cash though.

It could be your shampoo gents - Jason if you're using that Autoglym stuff then change that first. Their shampoo is not one of thair better products.

Dodo Born to be Mild - yes I bang on about it, but my word it's good.

Gah, just bought a tub of it.

but ok, maybe il try fob it off to someone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Having just read over 50 pages on this detailing thread the advice you have all given is amazing, but i'm also a little confused with so may many products and makers of products etc.

As a bit of a novice when it comes to car cleaning and with so many products out there could someone assist me with a shopping list of items i should be buying to look after my brand new Fiesta i pick up today.

My car colour is Sea Grey (in case that makes a difference with wax etc).

I am starting from scratch so was after almost everything, ie

Shampoo

Wheel cleaner

Wheel protector

Wheel cleaning brush (i've got the 17" Alloys)

Tyre dressing

Wax

Plastic cleaner/protector (rear bumper etc, if necessary)

Pads for applying wax (by hand?)

Drying towel (how many?)

microfibre cloths (how many?)

Washmitt (how many?)

Also what is clay, and do i need it?

Is there anything else i've missed or should consider?

If i am to be honest i will be probably more of a wash my car every couple of weeks with a wax etc every couple of months.

Also any advice on best places to buy (is the 15% code still valid from page 1?)

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Hi Guys

Having just read over 50 pages on this detailing thread the advice you have all given is amazing, but i'm also a little confused with so may many products and makers of products etc.

As a bit of a novice when it comes to car cleaning and with so many products out there could someone assist me with a shopping list of items i should be buying to look after my brand new Fiesta i pick up today.

Shampoo

Wheel cleaner

Wheel protector

Wheel cleaning brush (i've got the 17" Alloys)

Tyre dressing

Wax

Plastic cleaner/protector (rear bumper etc, if necessary)

Pads for applying wax (by hand?)

Drying towel (how many?) two

Microfibre cloths (how many?)hundreds

Washmitt (how many?)two

If i am to be honest i will be probably more of a wash my car every couple of weeks with a wax etc every couple of months.

Also any advice on best places to buy (is the 15% code still valid from page 1?)

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Hi Guys

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Hi.... the following is just my reccommendation for products. Other people can and do prefer different products, but this may be something of a starting block.

Shampoo - Dodo Juice Born to be Mild

Wheel cleaner - Valet Pro Bilberry (need to buy a bottle and sprayer aswell, only a couple of quid)

Wheel protector - Don't use one personally, but people seem to like poorboys wheel sealant and also FK1000p

Wheel cleaning brush (i've got the 17" Alloys) - I use one of these and it's great

Tyre dressing - I4D Tyre Gloss. I use this and it's great stuff. Comes with two free applicators aswell.

Wax I use Dodo juice hard candy. DanGull is your man for waxes if you fancy a colour charged one.

Plastic cleaner/protector (rear bumper etc, if necessary) - Don't use one presently, but have used AG vinyl and rubber care to good effect. Dan will also reccommend you peanut butter or ground nut oil! (not for me that one, but it does work to remove wax streaks from plastic)

Pads for applying wax (by hand?) - If you buy from I4D, they send you a free one. Otherwise, a foam aplicator will suffice.

Drying towel (how many?) - I have one for the top of the car, and one for the bottom. This is good and so is this.

microfibre cloths (how many?) - LOADS!! You can't have too many. I have three grades of MFs. One really good set, one quite good, and some cheap £3 for 6 ones from asda!

Washmitt (how many?) - I use one, but many people use 2 (one for top, one for bottom). MF or lambswool....your choice!

Hope that helps! If you want to know how to use all this stuff, the following thread was created by Dan and may be of some considerable use:

Amazing guide!

Got some goodies yesterday at Knockhill ...

As Wax

As Drying Towel

As Hazsafe

All for a grand total of £30 B)

Also had a go at trying out the wax on the day on an Evo rear wing, then got asked back today to do the whole car :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club