Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

Awful photos I know, car is in the garage and its dark and with my old phone so not sure they are any use?! But in the flesh the paint work is stunning so smooth, like glass

sz1q.jpg

zs2x.jpg

Interesting :) Looking for some more wax myself.... got any pics?

Try some of Autosmarts wax. Brilliant stuff.

Thanks, both :D

Thanks for the pics, the reflections look amazing, very smooth :D

I'll have a google for that one Gaz ;)

Some pictures on my first attempt of machine polishing.

Before

Photo135.jpg

Photo136.jpg

After

Photo148.jpg

Photo146.jpg

Photo147.jpg

After pictures are finished with Autosmart Wax

As some of you may kno, i recently got my 1st ford

A mk7 zetec in ocean blue

The car was built december 09 and had sat around until aboutr 4 weeks ago when i took delivery.

As you can imagine, the morons at ford put a fair few scratches in the paintwork, i only assume this is because the monkeys who wash the cars for them dont see a problem with putting a poundland spnge on teh floor and then picking it up to was the car with!!

So.. i washed and waxed (with 2 coats of AG HD) the car the first time it was washed

THen washed it a week later in better light and was not really happy with the condition of the paint

THis is where i would appreciate so advice

Today, should i wash, dry, then super resin polish (will this help remove light marks?) and then HD wax it again?

And also, potentially, next time should i claybar beforehand?

thanks very much

any help is much appreciated

RBJ

As some of you may kno, i recently got my 1st ford

A mk7 zetec in ocean blue

The car was built december 09 and had sat around until aboutr 4 weeks ago when i took delivery.

As you can imagine, the morons at ford put a fair few scratches in the paintwork, i only assume this is because the monkeys who wash the cars for them dont see a problem with putting a poundland spnge on teh floor and then picking it up to was the car with!!

So.. i washed and waxed (with 2 coats of AG HD) the car the first time it was washed

THen washed it a week later in better light and was not really happy with the condition of the paint

THis is where i would appreciate so advice

Today, should i wash, dry, then super resin polish (will this help remove light marks?) and then HD wax it again?

And also, potentially, next time should i claybar beforehand?

thanks very much

any help is much appreciated

RBJ

SRP will defiantly help with the light scratches. However, I would do things in a different order.

Wash

clay

Wash

Dry

SRP

Wax

This order will be most effective as if you were to go ahead today with washing, waxing etc then the next time you get out the clay bar, you would remove all the hard work you done today. If you are eager to get on with the work today, I recommend Meguiars clay kit available in Halfords for around £25.

Thanks for the quick response Gaz! Much appreciated

I feel the best bet for me today then will be to just wash and clean interior and exterior... and place an order online for a decent claybar (and i am also thinking miocrofibre towel to replace the natural chamois?)

And so, before i do place an order, are there any other products you can think of that i am missing which woudl be handy?

And which company do you suggest out of the 3 or so mentioned in this thread?

Thanks alot

Thanks for the quick response Gaz! Much appreciated

I feel the best bet for me today then will be to just wash and clean interior and exterior... and place an order online for a decent claybar (and i am also thinking miocrofibre towel to replace the natural chamois?)

And so, before i do place an order, are there any other products you can think of that i am missing which woudl be handy?

And which company do you suggest out of the 3 or so mentioned in this thread?

Thanks alot

That sounds a good bet until you can get the relevant materials. Big yes for the microfibre towel, this will help preserve your paintwork from scratches and swirls. The list I would personally use for the task in hand:

3 Buckets - Wash, Rinse, Wheels (Unless really weird like myself 2 will do)

3 microfibre wash mitts - Upper body, lower body, wheels (Again, 2 will do)

Car shampoo with a splash of APC to start a blank (APC not really needed)

Claybar

clay Lube

2 Drying Towel - Body and Wheels

SRP

Applicator Pads

microfibre cloths

Wax

Hey guys,

What do I use if im wanting to put a fresh couple of covers of wax on, to take the previous coatings (or whats left of them) off?

APC would do a nice job of this, along with clay.

Depending on how long ago you applied the wax most of it is probably off anyway :)

About a month ago its got the AG Super Resin and HD treatments, so im thinking by the time the summer out it would be times to strip it back and give it another coat, just wanted to know what to order in for that time.

Umm happen to have a link where to by Gaz?

Sorry tahts Meguires all purpse cleaner, the green tub?...alot of poeple talk about its interior cleaning!?!?!?

It can be used for absolute anything. I prefer to use Autosmart G101. Just add a drop into wash bucket or pressure sprayer and it will aid in stripping wax.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard about this on Radio One then read up about it online, first thing I thought of was this thread :lol:

I heard about this on Radio One then read up about it online, first thing I thought of was this thread :lol:

NEW DISCOUNT CODE IN ORIGINAL POST

5% discount at www.elitecarcare.co.uk courtesy of Alexandra

enjoy everyone :D

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys im new on here and have a vision blue fiesta .. what is the best cleaning products to bring out its true colour to use on this pain?

Hi Johnny - give us an idea of how much you want to spend on your products, asking for the 'best' could set you back many hundreds of pounds.

For help, there's my detailing guide, it lists suitable products for each stage and tells you what's what.

Deatiling Guide

• 2 weeks later...

snow foam

I am thinking of using snow foam for the first time, firstly is it worth it on a 6month old car, also if yes whats the cheapest way to get involved with foam and an applicator?

thanks

am i allowed to post in here now as i no longer own a fiesta, but still use the dodo juice products and find the advice given here very handy?

SNOW FOAM

I am thinking of using snow foam for the first time, firstly is it worth it on a 6month old car, also if yes whats the cheapest way to get involved with foam and an applicator?

thanks

Definitely worth it. I used it from new on our fiesta. It is simply a contactless pre-wash which removes an amount of road film/grit before you go at the car with your mitt. The cheapest way in as far as I know will cost around £50 and that would get you an I4D lance and some I4D foam.

Lance

Snow Foam

Hope that helps, and feel free to ask any more questions :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club