Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maintaining Constant Speed

Mental_Atom

Why would you want to do fast gear changes ? Unless, of course, you're thinking of racing the young wally with the noisy exhaust and no power, at the lights. Plus, red lights = chill time, handbrake on and listening to mp3's. Unless i'm gonna try to burn-off some young nutter producing more noise than power I maybe take 2+ seconds to change gear. Push/pull it into neutral, let the spring centre itself then ease into the next cog. Nice and smooth, treat it like a sexy lady, then................

floor it :D

• Like 2

Motherwell to Milton Keynes and Ford Fair and back on 1.5tanks with ecu at 70mph cruise control (needle 74mph)

Gotta love a 6hr drive with cruise control slowly overtaking the slower cars matching the others with cruise control and watching the guys in big cars Sprint past then slowly catch up and Sprint away again lol

• Like 2

Lol, I'm terrible at maintaining speed unless I'm concentrating on it - I don't tend to lose speed though, tend to slowly climb up to naughty speeds before realising and letting off. :lol:

I'm amazed you can buy a high spec Fiesta in this day and age without cruise control as standard though - can it be retro-fitted? Best mod I've done on the Focus is adding cruise (which the Titanium should've come with as standard imo, stingy Ford!). The MPG loss with cruise is a myth, mine didn't change at all adding cruise and I use it pretty much every day. It doesn't improve it either though tbf.

• Like 1

Am sure titaniums come with cruise control standard and yes it can be retrofitted a guy on Facebook just did that and after he bought the parts rtf put them in he got Ford to activate it a can't remember the price tho

Focus Titaniums didn't back in 2008 unfortunately, was an optional extra. On the Focus it was as simple as swapping the steering wheel and activating it with a laptop and ELM cable though. Likely to replace it with a Fiesta within the next year so was just wondering if it was as easy there lol.

Focus Titaniums didn't back in 2008 unfortunately, was an optional extra. On the Focus it was as simple as swapping the steering wheel and activating it with a laptop and ELM cable though. Likely to replace it with a Fiesta within the next year so was just wondering if it was as easy there lol.

Not as easy with the fiesta. The software and elm won't work for starters :(

Why would you want to do fast gear changes ?

I usually just change gear so that I'm matching the revs, which is obviously easier when changing up. But I also usually move the stick into neutral for a moment before shifting up, whether that helps anything I don't know though lol.

Not as easy with the fiesta. The software and elm won't work for starters :(

Oh. :(

Hasn't anyone made ELM software for the Fiesta yet? Hopefully they get on with it soon lol... Either that or I'll buy IDS if that's whats needed, already have various other dealer diags.

Am sure titaniums come with cruise control standard and yes it can be retrofitted a guy on Facebook just did that and after he bought the parts rtf put them in he got Ford to activate it a can't remember the price tho

It can be retrofitted in as a said before a guy on Facebook did it with his car got the parts n paid a little money to get it activated from Ford

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club