Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Road To Mountune

Cagey

I have recently set the ball rolling to get my ST3 upgraded to the MP215 kit. I have also ordered the Cat back exhaust to be fitted at the same time. Once this is complete I will post some videos of the new exhaust note and how I feel about the decision.

I am planning quite a few more upgrades over time some from Mountune and some not. But so far this little start button modification is all I have until then.

The kit should be ready to go within the next 2 weeks according to the local dealer. I am really excited and also would like to know how others who already have these upgrades feel about them and if any others are recommended? :)

I will also be posting updates and things on my Instagram if anyone is interested. Plenty of other content on there as well.

I have looked at Mountune for my Focus Zetec S 1.6 182ps too. They do seem expensive if compared to just a remap from a tuner achieving similar gains. I think that with the additional hardware Mountune fit that other tuners would achieve around 240bhp with the same hardware fitted. Are you going with Mountune for warranty reasons or just personal preference?

http://shop.grahamgoode.com/fiesta-st-st180-bluefin-superchips-ecoboost-16l-turbo-performance-tuning-more-bhp-power-bf06-forde-t-71730-p.asp

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/ford/fiesta/97/stage-1

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/ford/fiesta/97/stage-2

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/ford/fiesta/97/stage-3

I have looked at Mountune for my Focus Zetec S 1.6 182ps too. They do seem expensive if compared to just a remap from a tuner achieving similar gains. I think that with the additional hardware Mountune fit that other tuners would achieve around 240bhp with the same hardware fitted. Are you going with Mountune for warranty reasons or just personal preference?

http://shop.grahamgoode.com/fiesta-st-st180-bluefin-superchips-ecoboost-16l-turbo-performance-tuning-more-bhp-power-bf06-forde-t-71730-p.asp

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/ford/fiesta/97/stage-1

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/ford/fiesta/97/stage-2

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/ford/fiesta/97/stage-3

Yeh I have looked at those and they do get more for the money, It is just the warranty and insurance as I'm only 22 and I have had some quotes with the mountune upgrades and it barely changes but with the Revo upgrades it jumps nearly £640 for me which I cannot justify for the bit extra. Also as my car is only 3 months old I don't want to void any of the warranty just yet :D

Just watch with the extra mods from other sources you mentioned then to keep your warranty in tact. Greenlight insurance dont increase premiums for Mountune upgrades but im not sure how competitive they are to start with. Im still trying to find out if my engine is identical to yours because the Bluefin only takes mine to 200bhp but yours increases to 217bhp?

Fair enough to compare it to Revo stage but stage 2 & 3?, Revo also put a range of figure for bhp depend on other hardware, fuel and conditions.

I have the MP215 and can't fault it, nice bit of noise, extra torque and warranty for piece of mind. Ifyou compare like for like (map and induction kit) then the price isn't much different.

Most stage 1s will have similar outputs, other tuners map will feel livelier as they can remove/reduce the torque limiting in 1st and 2nd.

The hoses and intercooler are warranty friendly, slight increase in noise, bit more response and a bit more torque.

The short shift and roll restrictor are worth getting, the gear shift feels better, was a rumour that the short shift will be warranty ok soon like it is in the states.

Wes does your car have overboost like the ST that may be the difference and it can't be mapped in.

According to Iantt mine does have the overboost too. He says that the engine is identical albeit with a different map to suit the different sizes/weights of the two vehicles.

Wes's Focus engine does have an overboost function

• Like 1

Fair enough to compare it to Revo stage but stage 2 & 3?

Stage 2 would usually only be a map and the same hardware that Mountune are fitting plus the exhaust that he is buying. Stage 3 would usually be as stage 2 plus turbo changes (hybrid or other), injectors and fueling supply in some cases. I only put the stage 3 link just to show how far things can go powerwise if desired, not as a comparison to the Mountune package.:)

Without hardware changes I'd be reticent about increasing output on any engine in excess of + 20 %

I will actually have to correct myself here, just spotted that the Mountune Fiesta kit doesnt include an uprated intercooler. I wrongly assumed it did as the Focus Zetec S package does. The Fiesta MP215 package at £600 looks good compared to £995 for the 200ps Focus! :)

If the focus 1.6 has overboost what power does it run with overboost, is the 180 the figure ford advertise the car with?

I would expect bhp / ps to be increased in a similar way to the Fiesta ST as it's the same basic engine ?

I would expect bhp / ps to be increased in a similar way to the Fiesta ST as it's the same basic engine ?

If it was mountune wouldn't make a kit that just gets it to 200 as it would be capable of that already, the use a cooler, air box and map. Seems to indicate 180 is all there is.

I notice you always spell Ford wrong, have they ripped you off at some point?

Nope - although their parts can be astronomically expensive, I've owned & driven performance Frauds since 1979 & it's a common term of endearment used by Fraud owners for eons :)

Thanks guys for getting this discussion going. Its good to have multiple feedback and also other views and options :)

It does put out an extra 30nm on overboost - that is an indisputable fact - so logically at least one would expect an improved bhp / ps output too

I doubt if Fraud developed a brand new engine at a cost of 10's of millions just for the Fiesta ST - they simply used the 1.6 ecoboost 182bhp already in production as fitted to Wes's car - albeit with some hardware & software tweaks here and there no doubt

In my opinion the Fiesta ST should have a 2.0 ecoboost lump :)

Maybe it will in the future :)

There's a huge difference between 200bhp on demand + overboost - & temporary, time limited, 200 bhp on overboost only, with 182 bhp as standard on demand'

We've been here before :)

I doubt if Fraud developed a brand new engine at a cost of 10's of millions just for the Fiesta ST - they simply used the 1.6 ecoboost 182bhp already in production as fitted to Wes's car - albeit with some hardware & software tweaks here and there no doubt

In my opinion the Fiesta ST should have a 2.0 ecoboost lump :)

Maybe it will in the future :)

I think engines are just going to get smaller and smaller with turbos unfortunately just due to silly emission regulations. Id love to see a jack hammer back under the bonnet naturally aspirated as well.

I have seen rumours flying around of a Fiesta RS in the pipeline and it looks as though a Mondeo ST is on the way as well after seeing some spy shots of a quad exhaust Mondeo in testing.

Although I don't know I would suggest the MP215 upgrade excludes overboost figures ?

So it's 215 bhp + time limited , temporary overboost , available only on WOT

Although I don't know I would suggest the MP215 upgrade excludes overboost figures ?

So it's 215 bhp + time limited , temporary overboost , available only on WOT

Not sure on that one :)

About time for a new Mondeo ST - after all the MK 4 / 4.5 TXS is an ST in all but a badge :)

Mark's ST will know as he has it fitted

About time for a new Mondeo ST - after all the MK 4 / 4.5 TXS is an ST in all but a badge :)

Yes I hope it will come to be real my dad will be chuffed he loves his Mondeo's. Im hoping for the Fiesta RS that will be at the top of my shopping list.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club