Do Not Sell My Personal Information

passenger footwell wet

colshyr

only had my focus a week now ( private sale ) & yesterday we noticed the passenger footwell was soaking wet, the carpet & 2 mats. had a look underneath the car this morning & all looks fine there. checked the rubber round door & it looks ok apart from top right corner on hte bend of the body where the rubber has came away from the framework. does anyone think this could be the cause of the footwell problem? i thought if water was getting in there, the passenger seat would cop for most of the water.

thank you

only had my focus a week now ( private sale ) & yesterday we noticed the passenger footwell was soaking wet, the carpet & 2 mats. had a look underneath the car this morning & all looks fine there. checked the rubber round door & it looks ok apart from top right corner on hte bend of the body where the rubber has came away from the framework. does anyone think this could be the cause of the footwell problem? i thought if water was getting in there, the passenger seat would cop for most of the water.

thank you

pollen filter in engine bay leaking

very com/

try this

filters

cheers pal, my neighbour had a look at it & it looks like that plastic cover above pollen filter ( under O/S wiper ) wasnt tight to windscreen as it was on the N/S. went to a scrappies & got another one, still not as tight tho so kinda stumped. might end up holdin it down & tryin a clear silicon sealer on it lol

thank you

take it into ford there was recalls for the pollen filter you may even get it done free there is a new revised pollen filter with sealing strips which applied to all fuocus after 2000

mine doesnt fit tight to the windscreen but that shouldnt matter, its the plastic tray thats kinda spot welded to the cover itself that does the leaking. i put some silicon around the tray and its been perfect for a year now. the seal that comes with the kit is only a spongy material anyway.

• 2 years later...

we have got an 08 plate focus and have got it in at the dealers as still under warranty for this very same problem of water in the passenger footwell, they think its the bulkhead seal, they haven't mentioned anything about pollen filters, which you would have thought they would if it was a recall issue.

pollen filter on the mk2 is inside the car not outside like the mk1 bulkhead seals seem common on the mk2 though i have noticed if the seal on the window bottom where the cowl meets was perished or leaking theres a hole beneath there where wires run through leading right to the footwell so this could be the cause also to check the bulkhead they may have to remove the dashboard

Deffo the bulkhead seal on a mk2. Happened to mine, took ford 6 weeks to decide to remove dash, found in mins. There is an old post on here about it... Dont let them !Removed! around, tell them to get the dash out, its a failure of the mastic seal

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club