Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting ST front bumper

ajzetecs

Hi, just need a bit of advice before i fit bumper.

Its a facelift bumper, my main query is the brackets just below each wing, do i just keep my standard one on and also does the bracket stay attached to body or do they attach to bumper then to the body

front or rear?

if its the rear then the brackets should stay attached to the bumper - King Lenny is your go to guy on this i think.

as far as im aware the brackets are the same for all the focus models...

The front brackets are riveted to the bumper first and then fitted afaik.

The rear brackets are riveted to the bumpers and then bolted through to the wheel arch tubs.

As the top rivets are on a part of the bumper that sits flush with the rear wings, fitting in any other order would be impossible.

If you ever decide on removing the rear bumper then beware that when undoing the wheel arch nuts take care as the bolt head is embedded into the plastic of the bracket itself and can rip through if the nut is corroded on.

If you ever do any work with the rear bumper and do get any problems with bolts ripping out give me a nod as I have a pair of mint unused brackets going begging. (Same for mk2 and mk2.5 Focus)

Sent from my SM-G930F

1 hour ago, salsheikh said:

front or rear?

if its the rear then the brackets should stay attached to the bumper - King Lenny is your go to guy on this i think.

as far as im aware the brackets are the same for all the focus models...

Its front sal, knew of someone who fitted front bumper on here sure was white focus, will look him up

22 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

The front brackets are riveted to the bumper first and then fitted afaik.

The rear brackets are riveted to the bumpers and then bolted through to the wheel arch tubs.

As the top rivets are on a part of the bumper that sits flush with the rear wings, fitting in any other order would be impossible.

If you ever decide on removing the rear bumper then beware that when undoing the wheel arch nuts take care as the bolt head is embedded into the plastic of the bracket itself and can rip through if the nut is corroded on.

If you ever do any work with the rear bumper and do get any problems with bolts ripping out give me a nod as I have a pair of mint unused brackets going begging. (Same for mk2 and mk2.5 Focus)

Sent from my SM-G930F

cheers stoney

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club