Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Potential new rules


Russ
 Share

Recommended Posts


just had a read, as tom says, wont happen, would be a logistical nightmare to implememt and our government havent the money to waste on this. vosa have had large cut backs in funds,, mot testers now dont even go on refresher courses , all the retraining required now is 3 hours a year reading the mot testing manual.

so it wont happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ignore that original post as I have just seen the same report elsewhere from 2012, so as stated its a pile of 'dog doodoo'

Link to comment
Share on other sites


That EU rule would never be practical.

What about tow trucks, limousines, construction, off road vehicles, rally cars, emergency vehicles (Police / Paramedic) etc?

All customised after leaving the factory.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

That EU rule would never be practical.

What about tow trucks, limousines, construction, off road vehicles, rally cars, emergency vehicles (Police / Paramedic) etc?

All customised after leaving the factory.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Imagine a police car without any lights or sirens - every policeman/woman manually having to lean out and shout "neee nawww neee nawww" out the window when approaching every intersection :laugh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Incontro said:

Imagine a police car without any lights or sirens - every policeman/woman manually having to lean out and shout "neee nawww neee nawww" out the window when approaching every intersection :laugh:

Pmsl :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites


As said it would be hard to introduce, but if it ever was it would allow exemptions for certain vehicles, like Police,Fire and ambulance etc.

If it did come in it would be more aimed at cracking down on people modifying their cars from the original factory spec, for example lowering the car etc.

But as said I doubt it would come to fruition, however I think it could be a good thing if we were more like New Zealand. Modifications to a car have to be inspected to ensure they have been done correctly to obtain a WoF certificate. This sort of system would stop the idiots who mess around with their car when they don't know what they are doing and keep dangerous vehicles off the roads.

I nearly went on a big rant about modified vehicles lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2016 at 10:30 AM, simcor said:

As said it would be hard to introduce, but if it ever was it would allow exemptions for certain vehicles, like Police,Fire and ambulance etc.

If it did come in it would be more aimed at cracking down on people modifying their cars from the original factory spec, for example lowering the car etc.

But as said I doubt it would come to fruition, however I think it could be a good thing if we were more like New Zealand. Modifications to a car have to be inspected to ensure they have been done correctly to obtain a WoF certificate. This sort of system would stop the idiots who mess around with their car when they don't know what they are doing and keep dangerous vehicles off the roads.

I nearly went on a big rant about modified vehicles lol

 

The exact purpose of the MOT testing system :p

I would think that any driver leaning out of their window shouting neenaw would also be a modification, that vehicle was not made to have noises like that coming from it... 

 

We would then need to ask what song was played on the radio at the time it was manufactured and first driven off the production line, again if the stereo is playing a different sound, that too is a modification...

I hate the EU, but sadly we are only just better off in than out. Looked up a few things, and I recon if we leave, VAT would go up, import duties, fuel duty, all as a bare minimum. Along with benefits which would drop significantly. I think we need a bit more freedom and less hand holding in the EU, but sadly it seems the better answer :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership