Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


new car


richard150
 Share

Recommended Posts


3 minutes ago, iantt said:

and your point is? lol

If you ignore the fact they leak worse than a bus shelter, parts randomly fall off and they are known for dodgy axles - Peugeots are actually decent cars...

I'm not convincing anybody am I?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

I quite like Hyundai at the moment will see how I feel towards them in a few years 

They actually aren't as bad as they used to be.  Our 2001 Santa Fe is well made and drives well (for an SUV), and since then they have gone from strength to strength - to borrow the old Peugeot slogan...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, iantt said:

never convince me , older ones were ok actually compared to there rivals, im talking 1980's peugeots

I'd never buy a post-2000 Peugeot as since they went "curvy" and dropped the old XUD, they lost all appeal for me.  A 1988/1989 405 or one of its predecessors would be my dream car. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, iantt said:

never convince me , older ones were ok actually compared to there rivals, im talking 1980's peugeots

I think they were still alright in the 90s...  106, 205, 306, 406 etc, last of the decent Peugeots!

Though that said, I'm half way through replacing the headgasket and rear axle on a TU 306 today. :laugh: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I think they were still alright in the 90s...  106, 205, 306, 406 etc, last of the decent Peugeots!

Though that said, I'm half way through replacing the headgasket and rear axle on a TU 306 today. :laugh: 

Yep, really selling it Tom! :laugh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

If you ignore the fact they leak worse than a bus shelter, parts randomly fall off and they are known for dodgy axles - Peugeots are actually decent cars...

I'm not convincing anybody am I?

:laugh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only done 80k as well, I'd never seen so little left of a headgasket. :laugh: 

It is a shame to see how the majority of them are these days though, bought my first one back in 2009 when there were still loads of decent ones about, now you've gotta go to some effort to find a decent one!  And as you say, the newer ones are just rubbish tbh, the 307 is in no way a replacement for a 306! :sad:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I think they were still alright in the 90s...  106, 205, 306, 406 etc, last of the decent Peugeots!

Though that said, I'm half way through replacing the headgasket and rear axle on a TU 306 today. :laugh: 

Whilst I partly agree (90's Peugeots were awesome) the new generation of '08' cars are near the top of the pack now, and with the next generations in the next 5 years I can really see Peugeot at the top again.

Just look at the reviews of the 208 & 308 GTI's, they're very close to the top!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I'd never buy a post-2000 Peugeot as since they went "curvy" and dropped the old XUD, they lost all appeal for me.  A 1988/1989 405 or one of its predecessors would be my dream car. 

I do love a 106, 206, 306, 309, 405 and 406! :wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Only done 80k as well, I'd never seen so little left of a headgasket. :laugh: 

It is a shame to see how the majority of them are these days though, bought my first one back in 2009 when there were still loads of decent ones about, now you've gotta go to some effort to find a decent one!  And as you say, the newer ones are just rubbish tbh, the 307 is in no way a replacement for a 306! :sad:

The company I used to work for had a 2013 208 as one of the company vehicles, and with less than 20k it got a low oil pressure warning!!  Yeah, I'll give them a miss.

It's a shame as in the late 80s and 90s they actually were fulfilling their slogan of "the lion goes from strength to strength", but after the millennium things went downhill faster than a 205 GTI!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm there's an old saying "don't tar with the same brush" :wink: In the reliability surveys PSA are doing well and are generally beating the German brands.

And haha yes, I just need to find space for them all, there's something magical about an old Peugeot! (And of course the MK1 Focus)

I loved my aunts 3.0 V6 406 Coupé she had until last year when it got written off. :sad: It was one of the last made on an 03 plate. She stuck with the Lion though and now has a 407 Coupé (although not as good looking as the 406 and it's a diseasel)

My cousin has a 307 which she adores and I want to line all the cars up, 207, 307, 407. :wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, iantt said:

not difficult to beat the german brands.

Sadly, these days it is not.  Although I dare say that all cars (bar Ford, of course!) are becoming deliberately disposable so that manufacturers will make more money.

Vauxhall started that trend back in 1903 :laugh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership