Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Focus 1.0 high mileage

Pilquin

Hi I am thinking of buying a Ford Focus ecoboost with 85000 on the clock does anyone own one with this sort of mileage ? What should I look for thanks 

As long as the service history is intact, I wouldn't think 85k was a problem at all.  Given that the car won't be that old, most of it would likely be long trips/motorway driving which is the best kind of use for an engine in terms of longevity.

• Like 1

ive seen them with 100k plus and still runs fine and quiet

• Like 1

Thanks, I have heard they are prone to gearbox and clutch problems this is worrying me a bit with the high mileage it's a 2012 focus 99 bhp but only 5,600 

12 minutes ago, Pilquin said:

Thanks, I have heard they are prone to gearbox and clutch problems this is worrying me a bit with the high mileage it's a 2012 focus 99 bhp but only 5,600 

The clutch could be an issue, especially if the previous owner preferred holding the bite rather than applying the handbrake!!  The only advice I can give is to take it for a test drive, where any issues should become immediately apparent if you know what to look for. 

with that sort of mileage any car may have a worn clutch, as already said take for roadtest and feal the clutch for heavy operation, that will indicate a worn clutch if not slipping

Thank you , I took it for a test drive today clutch was light but I crunched a couple of gears not sure it was because it was a different box to mine ? Thanks again 

11 minutes ago, Pilquin said:

Thank you , I took it for a test drive today clutch was light but I crunched a couple of gears not sure it was because it was a different box to mine ? Thanks again 

It shouldn't crunch unless the clutch is engaged to some degree, so I'd question if it does have wear and if so, could it be rectified prior to sale.  Or if it is a private seller, try to knock the price down to take into account a possible repair in future.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club