Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Laptop advice/ and speed

jace1969

This is 2 things in one.first im after a top Laptop and looked at a few but looking at the link i have added below,any other advice on make/spec is great.

The other thing is my Wifi AC card is a intel 3165AC and i have virgin upto 200Mbps but only get around 130Mbps on 5G is this normal as this Laptop is same card.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-GE62-6QD-Apache-004-HID1/dp/B01719ZGG0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462647882&sr=8-1&keywords=msi+ge62+6qd+apache

• Like 1

This is on my iPhone 6s side by side with my Laptop and laptop get just over 140,i need another laptop but with this results.

IMG_0820.PNG

This doesn't mean anything to me. Mind you, my laptop is almost 10 years old and is still fine for me.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

According the intle that WiFi card should be capable of 433mbps http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-3165-brief.html

The connection speed of WiFi cards can be effected by many things, software and physical things around the laptop. Why do you need the maximum speed? If it is for online games, lag is mostly accumulated over the Internet rather than your own LAN. 

Personally, unless you really require a laptop, I'd get a desktop with a better spec for the same money. 

3 hours ago, Arwen said:

According the intle that WiFi card should be capable of 433mbps http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-3165-brief.html

The connection speed of WiFi cards can be effected by many things, software and physical things around the laptop. Why do you need the maximum speed? If it is for online games, lag is mostly accumulated over the Internet rather than your own LAN. 

Personally, unless you really require a laptop, I'd get a desktop with a better spec for the same money. 

I have to move from room to room as im 24/7 care for my dad so its the only thing i can mess with so the best spec/speed and make

is the main thing,i like the build of the MSi but my option is open but the link above on here is to see if its a good one,we have upto 200Mbps

and its just to get close to it as i can, if my phone can touch it just seeing why this cant come close,trying another channel and turning off bluetooth

but still stays the same, just seeing if others have tried and tested the MSI as i would play a few games on it on wifi at times.

Any help would be great as i might have this one in the next day or so.

Thanks for advice,had the one on the link Msi.

• Like 1

I cant even get 10% of those results on the house connection! lucky goat...

7 hours ago, jeebowhite said:

I cant even get 10% of those results on the house connection! lucky goat...

Lol