Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Advertising fails...

jmurray01

I see a lot of car adverts on a regular basis which are funny, confusing, and sometimes shocking.  I'm sure others do too, so thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where these adverts could be posted/discussed.

To start it off, I came across this advert today during my usual Gumtree browsing...

When I'm selling a car, I always make sure that 1) it is clean, and 2) all the tyres are inflated!!  But, for a Vauxhall that is a little too optimistic, perhaps. 

I'd also be concerned that it appears to be parked on a road (albeit parking area) and has a SORN in place... 

Looks like it's been abandoned! 

Not so much an advertising fail but more a communication from manager to new staff fail resulting in an advertising fail:lol1:

On the way back from Brandy's walk, i called in at a mate's giftware and craft type shop.  Last week , he had just taken on a new member of staff, one of her tasks is to paint on the shop window the daily special offer.  He has a different 50% off item, every day, it's usually stock that isn't moving well or is out of season.

On Wednesday, he'd decided that wind chimes and bells were going to be today's 50% off offer; he said to her that morning, to paint "50% off wind chimes and bells - ends today" on the shop window.

What she heard, and then painted was "50% off wind chimes and bellends today"

Nobody noticed until one of his regular customers pointed it out in the afternoon

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club