Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No "S" badge on the Zetec S

Willy

I getting my Focus Zetec S in a few weeks and have noticed that they don’t come with "S" badges although the brochure states they do.

Ford trying to save money?

can anyone out there confirm this?

I getting my Focus Zetec S in a few weeks and have noticed that they don’t come with "S" badges although the brochure states they do.

the zetec s is just a standard zetec with the usual sport trim ie sports suspension and seats also the bodykit the s badge should be on the front fender only

Thanks for your reply.

I saw one the other day and it had no ZETEC badge on the back either, only the 1.6.

I may sound strange but I would like to advertise that fact that I would be driving a zetec S (poor mans ST)

I may mention this to the dealer next week and see if they will apply the badges for free.

• Like 1

hi mate, is the focus brand new or pre-owned i de-badged my mk1 focus someone may have done this to yours it doesnt damadge the car in any way if done properly was just an idea. hope it helps

The car is New and the chap that owns it is a ford salesman, i asked him about it but he said that's how it came.

I know it sounds petty but I like the look of the S logo but dont want to spend £10 doing it.

£10 pound for something that should of already been there! gota love ford dealers lol dont know what to say then mate its your call personally i like the smooth de-badged look but its a taste thing

• 3 weeks later...

Focus is here and the guys at Dinnages have sorted it, look smart.

back.jpg

Hi mate the first batch we got through a while ago had no S badges on at all but the rest are coming through with them on. The location is on the front Wing low down from wing mirror near indicator. Also says Zetec S on back

• 5 months later...

I had the same problem with my new Zetec S I bought in February.

The Ford Dealership I bought it from ordered up 3 for me, fixed them, and charged back Ford...... :)

• 1 month later...

I'm picking mine up this week, and as you say it has no badges just 1.8 on the rear. Would be good to get hold of some. Also with this one being registered early 2009 it does not have the starter button is this correct?

back.jpg

My dads mondeo has ZETEC S on the back and so does the Fiesta so i dont see why the focus wouldnt? its better than the standard Zetec with the big alloys etc and sporty looks so i would want the "S" on the back aswell so people know im driving the next model up :D

Have to say i only like black cars but that Blue is really nice ;) . Stand out loads.

It looks similar to the S on a focus S max. Its good to be picky about details like this because people buying the car from you in future might want the same thing.

It looks similar to the S on a focus S max. Its good to be picky about details like this because people buying the car from you in future might want the same thing.

i was told by a mate who has a mate who works for ford the reason theres no s badge is that they fetch such high prices for a badge that they were forever getting nicked think about it 10 quid on eBay each you whip 6 or 7 each time off the new cars on the forecourt thats a fair bit of cash ide leave it off as it wont stay on long my mate had his nicked in asda car park in the afternoon on a busy day money wasted to be honest

does anyone know where i can buy a s badge

My other ride is a Boxster S, I don't use the S badge so you can have it if you want, not sure if it increases performance though.

not sure if it increases performance though. :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

I pop into the dealer last week for some bits and saw a new 2010 Zetec S (1.8) and it had no S badges, asked the dealer chap and was told that they were droping the S badges on that model.

Sorted my badges out for about £12 and looks good now.

As you can see I have made a few mods (3 in total) can you see what they are?

DSC00289.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Get your S badges from eBay or your dealer, not much difference in price, if your in with your dealer then you may get your badge at trade price (no VAT) but dont forget to smile at the same time ;)

As you can see I have made a few mods (3 in total) can you see what they are?

Exhaust, colour coded fog's, cant spot the 3rd lol

Exhaust, colour coded fog's, cant spot the 3rd lol

Yep you got it, didn't think you would get the fogs, keep looking for that third mod!

Yep you got it, didn't think you would get the fogs, keep looking for that third mod!

License plate not as standard and you have moved the word 'zetec' over to fit in the S badge?

I have a 59 zetec S and my dad has a 10 zetec S. Mine came with the S badges on the side but not on the back and my dads came with no S badges. I got two S badges from Jennings Ford free of charge, one to go on the back of mine and the other to go on the back of my dads.

Edit

You also have tints? They dont come as standard on the zetec S (or they didn't)Unless you get the sports pack which gives you different and bigger alloys and privacy glass.

Yer got the sports pack but didn't get the wheels as the 1.6 :( doesn't have a wheel upgrade.

Still that third mod to find!

alright ive studied the pics to the extent my eyes hurt i need a hint!

If I get you a side shot then that may help