Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Recommended PPI handler?

jeebowhite

Hi Guys,

I have beent hinking recently and realise I was missold PPI a while ago, the idea though of dealing with a cold caller is something I wouldnt do, so I come to you.

Has anyone reclaimed PPI recently whom can recommend a good company? I would want a no win no fee, as I have no capital to throw at this!

If it's PPI connected to a bank then it's best to go through them directly.

Claim companies are likely to take a chunk out of any settlement.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 4

@jeebowhite Have you looked at doing it yourself rather than employ someone else. 

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

8 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

If it's PPI connected to a bank then it's best to go through them directly.

Claim companies are likely to take a chunk out of any settlement.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Some claims handlers have been known to take as much as 80%

• Like 3

It's easy to do it yourself. Write to the loan company stating that you were mis sold PPI and you wish to make a claim. The company should then tell you if you did have a qualifying loan and then make an offer if you do.

All the firms offering to do it for you at a fee are only going to do the same as you can do do. Total scams just as PPI was.

Good luck.

• Like 3

To be honest I don't have the time or the patience to do it myself, I have fat too much going on to be bothered, plus a lot of claims where the customer was told you have no claim actually had a claim! This is why I thought if someone new of a fairly good firm who took only a small cut could do better. Perhaps I may look at doing it myself.

I presume I write to the company direct rather than the partner who sold it.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Hi, just go to your bank as mentioned if the PPI was from a bank, i just went in to mine and asked about it and they said leave it with them to investigate, 3 months later i got a letter stating how much i was entitled to and why, happy days.

• Like 1

Really jeebo? You don't have the time etc to do it. Listen. It would take LESS time making g the One call to the bank involved than making g a call to a company who'll keep you gassing for ages. Then you'll get a ton of forms to fill out.

Just one call to the bank and that's it.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club