Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford EcoBoost USB Issue

Sparky862

Okay, i recently have this issue with my Ford Fiesta EcoBoost with my radio system. I use my USB port (Located under the handbrake lever) to listen to music in my car. Now the issue I am having is kind of hard to explain but will try my best.

Sometimes when i start my car, or just turn the ignition on, my whole USB system freezes, and when i look at my Screen Display on my Clock Dashboard I notice a EMPTY battery sign thats not suppose to be there. That sign remains there for about 5-6min, and when that sign dissapears, all a sudden my USB system works again and i can listen to my music. Take note that while my system is frozen in USB mode, the Radio works as it should and I can skip Radio Stations at will WHILE that sign is still showing. I cannot however skip tracks or do ANYTHING on my system while that sign is active and I am in USB mode.

So my question is ... What the hell is that battery Sign and what does it mean?? How come it only happens SOMETIMES and not ALL the time??

The battery sign and signal strength signs on my TX are for my phone which is connected to sync via bluetooth

I'd take it to ford assuming you're still under warranty?

13 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

The battery sign and signal strength signs on my TX are for my phone which is connected to sync via Bluetooth. 

I'd take it to ford assuming you're still under warranty?

Yeah it should be. But what i dont understand is the fact that i dont have any devices paired with my bluetooth SYNC, so why would it search for devices thats not there?? And why would it freeze my whole USB system which has nothing to do with my bluetooth??

My sync system searches for a phone for the emergency assistance feature, this might be what it's doing. Does it display any messages on the screen whilst it does this?

I'd take it along to ford's to deal with though as something there is definitely not right x

11 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

My sync system searches for a phone for the emergency assistance feature, this might be what it's doing. Does it display any messages on the screen whilst it does this?

I'd take it along to ford's to deal with though as something there is definitely not right x

No, no msg at all. Just the empty battery icon that lasts for 5min-6min, and after that time, then my USB system works as it should. But will take it non the less. Doesnt seem right for my car to search for phones when my bluetooth is not even enabled, both on my SYNC and on my phone

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club